Used 2005 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mini Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

A Boomer's Car
By dogswood

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the car for baby boomers over 6 feet tall. At 6'5", I can stretch out and enjoy the top down 12 months of the year (seat warmers). Mandatory to spend extra $300-$400 for wind deflector to keep wind off your back. Comfortable for long trips but no room behind tall drivers. Really a 3 seat car. Also, minimal trunk although back seats fold down. Glad I got S version, motor is enough to leave all but the very serious roadster behind. No serious complaint. However, orange odometer and trip computer very difficult to read in daylight. A great handling and fun to drive "hot rod"!!!

Favorite Features

Easy top down Powerful engine "chick magnet" cute appearance

Suggested Improvements

Improve digital readout to make them easier to see in daytime.

Oh yeah, Baby!
By WindInMyHair

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Driving shouldn't be this much fun. Corners are the best... on my test drive I was actually INSTRUCTED to floor it on tight turns and bumps and it performed great. Awesome gas mileage, one touch convertible top operation. Smooth ride even at high speeds. My only complaint is the cup holders....

Favorite Features

The wind in my hair, of course!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. Either increase the size of the built in ones, or come up with a better after factory addition.

Love the MINI Cooper Convertible
By C Dodge

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The interior of the MINI Cooper convertible is much larger than it appears if you are outside the car. Leg room in the rear seats is limited (but that's not a problem for me). The car is very responsive and a lot of fun to drive. I have the basic model but I find that the horsepower is more than adequate for my driving. And I love the overall look of the car.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is probably the roof. I really like the fact that I can have the roof open as a "sunroof" if it's not particularly good weather for having the top down. I also like the way the convertible roof goes up and down quickly.

Suggested Improvements

I'd really like to see all wheel drive on the MINI. I used snow tires for the winter and had no problems with snow or ice, but I'd like to not have to switch tires between summer and winter.

EURO SUV
By Bob Carico

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Just finished 860 mile trip, averaged 32 mpg, great fun driving in the Virginia mountains. Very comfortable given we were driving a very fast go kart. We have enjoyed everything about the car. So far (12,100 miles) the car has been problem free. We have had car since Aug 04 and I still smile each morning when I get in to drive to work!

Favorite Features

170 HP super charged engine. Rain Sensing wipers. Go kart steering.

Suggested Improvements

Happy as a clam!

My yellow MINI
By Meg Duarte

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Mini - drove two in Europe - I just love, my clients love it, and even my very tall friends are comfortable and get a kick out of it. I will NEVER change brands. There are a few problems, but all are curable. I've driven lots of different brands since I began to drive in 1956 and the MINI is #1

Favorite Features

I like the speed, I like the leather seats, and I like the style.

Suggested Improvements

Do a better job with the seat design, I would even suggest go back to the old style tilt seats, no mechanics to break or stick. The AC was a problem the first year I had it, now we have it under control.