Used 2005 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 258 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2005 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Mini is the Best
By Hal Peersonius

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car looks great and drives like a dream car. It is so much fun to drive. My wife loves it as much as I do. Its used as a daily driver and is easy to handle in traffic. We get a lot of looks from other motorists and when we stop there is always someone out there that wants to talk about the car. This iss my second MINI, I had to have a red and white one. The first one was dark silver. It is so comfortable and we have taken several long trips of over 1000 miles. I think we will keep it.

Love having the computer and checking the gas mileage and the tempature outside. Six speeds is great. My wife really likes the big drink holder.

We're waiting for the 4 door. I'm not real happy with the nose cover. It's in two pieces and hard to fasten tightly.

Fun and Affordable
By T. Smith

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great driving year. I love my MINI. One of the great things about it is the smiles that are invariably produced when you drive by. Gas mileage is acceptable (though high test gas is a slight burden). The interior is very comfortable (definitely spring for the leather sport seats). My son (a tall 9 year old) has plenty of room in the back and the three of us have taken several long trips. Having a MINI means packing lightly, but it's a good exercise in downsizing the extraneous stuff that crowds our lives. Pleny of room for groceries and such and tall people fit fine. But the real sell is the enjoyment of driving. Go-kart? Maybe. But it's stable and, did I mention fun?

Center instruments, easy-throw shifting, good standard audio system, low maintenance.

The door unlocks with one pull, then opens on the second. The cable system that operates this has failed twice and I think it's a design flaw.

A Boomer's Car
By dogswood

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the car for baby boomers over 6 feet tall. At 6'5", I can stretch out and enjoy the top down 12 months of the year (seat warmers). Mandatory to spend extra $300-$400 for wind deflector to keep wind off your back. Comfortable for long trips but no room behind tall drivers. Really a 3 seat car. Also, minimal trunk although back seats fold down. Glad I got S version, motor is enough to leave all but the very serious roadster behind. No serious complaint. However, orange odometer and trip computer very difficult to read in daylight. A great handling and fun to drive "hot rod"!!!

Easy top down Powerful engine "chick magnet" cute appearance

Improve digital readout to make them easier to see in daytime.

Oh yeah, Baby!
By WindInMyHair

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Driving shouldn't be this much fun. Corners are the best... on my test drive I was actually INSTRUCTED to floor it on tight turns and bumps and it performed great. Awesome gas mileage, one touch convertible top operation. Smooth ride even at high speeds. My only complaint is the cup holders....

The wind in my hair, of course!

Cup holders. Either increase the size of the built in ones, or come up with a better after factory addition.

Love the MINI Cooper Convertible
By C Dodge

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The interior of the MINI Cooper convertible is much larger than it appears if you are outside the car. Leg room in the rear seats is limited (but that's not a problem for me). The car is very responsive and a lot of fun to drive. I have the basic model but I find that the horsepower is more than adequate for my driving. And I love the overall look of the car.

My favorite feature is probably the roof. I really like the fact that I can have the roof open as a "sunroof" if it's not particularly good weather for having the top down. I also like the way the convertible roof goes up and down quickly.

I'd really like to see all wheel drive on the MINI. I used snow tires for the winter and had no problems with snow or ice, but I'd like to not have to switch tires between summer and winter.