2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
nice
By erik berry on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

fun fun fun could use better seats very nice in most ways great gas mileage like everything but seats get uncomfortable on long rides

LUV MY MINI
By bilzkd on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned everything from a Lexus to a 4 RUnner a many makes and models in between. The saying is ture dynomite come's in small packages!! Not only is this car FUN to drive but, it has the feel of a sedan and the handling of a go cart. Not to mention the safetly featurs, with run flat tires and the many options add to it's value. Open your mind and leave the gas gussler's behind!!

Who cares if people make jokes!
By Clingfam on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Cooper is a blast to drive. As for design and build quality just sit in the car and look around. You'll see that the quality is revealed in the details. It is obvious that BMW greatly improved on the original design. The base model engine is indeed slow off the line. But,as for interstate travel, once you get going many larger cars would lose the battle in top end.

My Mini, my second youth
By tandlpop on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini is the best car I have ever owned. The dealerships, ALL of them seem like the American Embassy in a third world nation.

Still smiling..
By TxTimHere on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I ordered my MINI from the factory with also all options, including both SPORT and PREMIUM packages. The ability to 'track' the progress of the car via the internet was fun and made the anticipation even greater for the arrival. I am still finding 'little' features that set this car apart from others, not to mention the awesome value when compared to similiar cars with the same options. The quickness of this road-hugging, eye-catching, head- turning car still amazes me. At top highway speeds, the handling, accerlation and overall comfort is as good as any car I have owned or driven.

GET TO BE GETTIN
By MWO71 on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I BOUGHT MY COOPER S USED IT'S A 03 WITH 15K MILES, I BOUGHT IT ON EBAY. IT'S A GREAT CAR, I WANTED SOMETHING SPORTY BUT UPSCALE, WITHOUT IT BEING A KID'S CAR. ITS FAST OFF THE LINE ONCE THE SUPERCHARGER KICKS IN, AND PLENTY OF POWER IN EVERY GEAR. I PUT THE CHECKERED ROOF ON SO PEOPLE WILL SEE ME COMING, ITS A GREAT CAR AND I WILL BUY ANOTHER ONE. I HAVE A EMPLOYEE AT WORK WHO IS 6'8 AND 320 POUNDS. HE FITS WITH PLENTY OF ROOM LEFT.

One cool coupe!
By Samuel Turner on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This has got to be the best car I have ever driven! The large speedometer is easy to read, quick steering, small steering wheel,no large blind spots,acceleration and accurate shifting.

Great
By IAn on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Love this car. Very Safe.

Awesome Fun
By swisso on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Just purchased a new convertible Cooper S. I test drove the following convertibles: BMW 3, Jeep, Audi and mini. Having owned two BMW's in the past there is no question that BMW has graced this car with German engineering. This was unquestionably the most fun to drive and put an ear-to- ear smile on my face from day one. Looking out the back can be a bit of a problem at first but once you get used to the size its fine. I've cruised at 90mph with the top down and that is no problem also. Just like the reviwers said: "this is a go-cart for adults". If you really enjoy feeling the road while driving and you don't need a lot of space this is it.

My mini....NOT so good!
By Michael Button on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My Mini has been in the shop more times than I can count! I have had problems with the computer since day 1! I have had many things replaced and it's only 6 months old! I DO NOT recommend buying a MINI at all! My dealership has been great but the car....SUCKS! My locks have a mind of their own! It is in the shop as we speak waiting to see if it will be purchased back under the Oklahoma Lemon Law!