Used 2005 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

MI MINI
By smoul

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My wife and I bought the car on impulse this past weekend, as I'm sure many others have. We already have an SUV, so we decided to go with something unique that is fun to drive and offers good performance and style. Only had it several days, but i did drive to the store at 10pm "to buy batteries".

cool blue exterior with "web" 17 inch wheels and black bonnet stripes. Even though the performance ratings (0-60 6.8-7.0 sec) don't sound the best, the car feels real quick and it turns on a dime.

i have the 4-gauge optional package, which results in the speedometer being in front of the wheel instead of mid- console. This results in the steering wheel obstructing the speedometer from 50-90 mph and in this car you find yourself getting toward the higher number often.

Cooper S has it, dollar for dollar
By Mark

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

You want a good sports car for your money, buy the Mini Copper S but buy the S model becuase it's worth to pay the extra money for the Copper S.I drove one in the plant in Munich & wow what a sports car for the money & seats 4 people very well. Have the money try one out & buy it if you want a nice sports car for your money.

everything

Let BMW make the Improvements

Funfunfun
By John & Traci

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is just plain FUN. We've both had Mustangs in the past, and we actually prefer this. We could have waited for the 05 Mustang Convertible, but once we drove this...it was a done deal. Quick, easy to handle and park ANYWHERE...especially crowded soccer fields...and boy do the heads turn! Great mileage. At first it felt like we were driving a 'target' after driving our SUV...but as quick and as safe ast it is...it's not a problem anymore. We love our MINI.

The convertible...of course!! 6 speed...the speedometer in the middle, the kids love that!

Could use better speakers. More seat comfort. Other than that...perfect!

Mini is the Best
By Hal Peersonius

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car looks great and drives like a dream car. It is so much fun to drive. My wife loves it as much as I do. Its used as a daily driver and is easy to handle in traffic. We get a lot of looks from other motorists and when we stop there is always someone out there that wants to talk about the car. This iss my second MINI, I had to have a red and white one. The first one was dark silver. It is so comfortable and we have taken several long trips of over 1000 miles. I think we will keep it.

Love having the computer and checking the gas mileage and the tempature outside. Six speeds is great. My wife really likes the big drink holder.

We're waiting for the 4 door. I'm not real happy with the nose cover. It's in two pieces and hard to fasten tightly.

Fun and Affordable
By T. Smith

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great driving year. I love my MINI. One of the great things about it is the smiles that are invariably produced when you drive by. Gas mileage is acceptable (though high test gas is a slight burden). The interior is very comfortable (definitely spring for the leather sport seats). My son (a tall 9 year old) has plenty of room in the back and the three of us have taken several long trips. Having a MINI means packing lightly, but it's a good exercise in downsizing the extraneous stuff that crowds our lives. Pleny of room for groceries and such and tall people fit fine. But the real sell is the enjoyment of driving. Go-kart? Maybe. But it's stable and, did I mention fun?

Center instruments, easy-throw shifting, good standard audio system, low maintenance.

The door unlocks with one pull, then opens on the second. The cable system that operates this has failed twice and I think it's a design flaw.