2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Falling in love again
By Roy Henry on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have fallen in love twice in my life, once to the woman i was married to for twenty years and secondly with the most obscure yet priceless automobile. As her head lights met my eyes as i walked aross the parking lot at first glance i tried to remain a aloof but apon being introducd to her by one of the best mini cooper sales experts in Hawaii, Randy Acuba, she took my heart my breath and my money right away. I feel it so much in her debt because i give her nothing and she gives me everything performance, comfort, and i desire to run off with her on a moments whim, and motor all my cares away.

Wow.
By jbaker on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Most fun car I have ever driven. The clutch and gearbox are phenomenal, harmon kardon stereo has nice deep bass and crystal clear highs, the car sticks to the road like glue, and the exhaust note is beautiful. Don't even get me started on parking! If you don't need space for more than 2 people, this is one heck of an urban vehicle. I couldn't be happier :D

Fun car
By Ercgoor on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper-S is a well made, quality car, with sufficient power, and is a lot of fun to drive. I have driven vehicles from a minivan to a CLK500, but this little car tops them all because of the fun factor. You drive it once, and you're hooked.

Perfect
By maxine eno on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Awesome vehicle. Took me many years to find a vehicle to replace my Mercedes 450SL.

ECONOMIC SPORTS CAR
By GARZA on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

SO FAR THIS SEEMS TO BE A PRETTY GOOD CAR FOR THE MONEY.

BEST MINI EVER
By MHW on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Best money ever spent on a car of any class

Mini Cooper S Cabrio- Simply Marvelous
By daryl1 on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car if FUN with a capital F. It definitely is a head turner. The top comes down in 15 seconds with great ease, no latching involved. Definitely go with the S version as the stronger engine is beneficial with the extra weight of the convertible. The looks of the car just brings a smile to ones face. The car feels solid and the interior styling is retro and unique. A Marvelous Car. Motor ON!!!

PERFORMANCE CAR FOR LITTLE MONEY
By MINI IMPRESSED on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

WE ACTUALLY HAVE A 2005 MODEL BUT PICKED IT UP THIS MONTH. SO FAR THIS LITTLE CAR HAS BEEN FUN TO DRIVE AND HAS NOT GIVEN US ANY PROBLEMS. THE BASE MODEL, WHICH IS WHAT WE HAVE, SEEMS TO HAVE GOOD POWER, THOUGH IT IS NOT THE FASTEST 4 CYL. OUT THERE, IT STILL MANAGES TO DO THE JOB.

OH WHAT GREAT FUN!!!
By barb2 on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I just picked up my Mini-S convertible and I can't stop smiling. it's just too much fun to drive and has a wonderful feel for the road. I'm new to the Mini so the cockpit took a little getting used to and the hood release is on the passenger side and the rear visibility is limited with the top up as is the case in every convertible i've ever owned. All in all, just a whole lotta fun.

Old Blue
By Harry Alessio on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have had only one problem in 30000 miles.The rear hatch had to be adjusted to make the warning light go off.