Used 2005 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mini Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2005 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

my toy
By pedro fonseca

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little car, i am 70 years old and I feel very confortable driven my mini, the power is more than enoug, already drive to Tampa at 70 and 80 miles per hour and run beautifull, stability is great and brake excelent, I just trade a BMW 330 convertible and i have more fun with my mini, every body look at the car and ask question. I wish if can running with regular gas but they recomended high grade that is expensive.

Favorite Features

transmition because i can swith from automatic to manual

Suggested Improvements

regular tires like michelin o pirelis

I LOVE MY MINI
By floridasun

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my mini a less than a week and have 700 miles on it. That should tell you a little about how much fun it is to drive. This car is great.

Favorite Features

My favorite things about it are the CVT transmission, the sunroof, the handling, the gas mileage, and the smiles I get at redlights. I smile everytime I get in my mini. I truly love this car.

Suggested Improvements

The seats could use a little more cushion but besides that I think my mini is awsome.

Hyper Blue Convertible
By Hyper Blue

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my fast and spacious Subaru Forester XT in for a fun and fuel efficient Mini Convertible. Although, friends and family thought I was nuts, I have been enjoying the Mini so much that I've already put 1,000 miles on it! I've had it just over a week and the twisty roads have been such a blast! I do miss the quick acceleration of the Forester, but the Mini's horsepower is adequate. The convertible top is amazing and so easy to use. I test drove a Saab convertible before the Mini and was completely suprised by how much quieter the Mini is. You simply push the button and the Mini's top folds into "sunroof" mode (cool feature) and then push the button again to fold completely.

Favorite Features

Convertible top with "sunroof" feature, chrono pack, endless accessories to personalize vehicle, price, reverse sensors, programable options (i.e. one touch to unlock all doors, automatic headlights, etc.) and of course the driving dynamics. Also, "center of attention" factor is cool!

Suggested Improvements

better visibility would be appreciated and moving door lock/unlock buttons onto the door panel would be good.

Mini Mania
By conmike92

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great car...you do not need the S engine for extra power. The standard engine is great. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE (and fun!) car!!

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, easy to use convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

It is a little difficult to see out the back window.....some blind spots.

Seniors love Mini!
By Handy Andy

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Our Mini has been a wonderful car. It fits everything that we need to put in it. It is FUN to drive, and we get alot of comments from people who want to know how we like it. Even though we live 125 miles away from the dealer, it is not a problem because the Mini only needs to be serviced once a year Many of our friends and relatives have driven the car and all of them love it. There is alot of room in the front seats. Following the production of car on the internet was great fun.

Favorite Features

The way it grips the road.

Suggested Improvements

None!