Used 2005 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 258 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Service stinks!
By ***

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

While I love driving my 2-week old Mini, the service available stinks! After only having my Mini for 2 weeks, the Service Engine light came on and the car lost power. When I called my BMW dealer, they told me I could get in 1 week later! They only have 1 Mini repair person! I also called area BMW dealers and haven't received return calls. Be careful when buying this car to ensure there are more certified repair people for MINI in your area!

GET MORE MINI COOPER Certified mechanics. If not, this car will not be on the market long! If you can't get it repaired, why buy it?!!!

The best small car in the U.S.!
By Mark Smith

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The MINI for me is the only car that truly excells in the categories of Style, Performance, Fun to drive, and practicality. It's great on fuel economy (29mpg avg. Cooper S manual), comes with three years of free maintenance (even covers brakes), has go kart performance, and is able to fit all of the people and cargo that I ever need. There's nothing negative I can say about the vehicle. It does everything I ask it to do above and beyond the call of duty. Why would you consider any other small vehicle?

I love the looks, performance, and great economy, and free 3 year maintenance that this vehicle has!

We MINI owners need a few more dealers.

my toy
By pedro fonseca

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little car, i am 70 years old and I feel very confortable driven my mini, the power is more than enoug, already drive to Tampa at 70 and 80 miles per hour and run beautifull, stability is great and brake excelent, I just trade a BMW 330 convertible and i have more fun with my mini, every body look at the car and ask question. I wish if can running with regular gas but they recomended high grade that is expensive.

transmition because i can swith from automatic to manual

regular tires like michelin o pirelis

I LOVE MY MINI
By floridasun

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my mini a less than a week and have 700 miles on it. That should tell you a little about how much fun it is to drive. This car is great.

My favorite things about it are the CVT transmission, the sunroof, the handling, the gas mileage, and the smiles I get at redlights. I smile everytime I get in my mini. I truly love this car.

The seats could use a little more cushion but besides that I think my mini is awsome.

Hyper Blue Convertible
By Hyper Blue

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my fast and spacious Subaru Forester XT in for a fun and fuel efficient Mini Convertible. Although, friends and family thought I was nuts, I have been enjoying the Mini so much that I've already put 1,000 miles on it! I've had it just over a week and the twisty roads have been such a blast! I do miss the quick acceleration of the Forester, but the Mini's horsepower is adequate. The convertible top is amazing and so easy to use. I test drove a Saab convertible before the Mini and was completely suprised by how much quieter the Mini is. You simply push the button and the Mini's top folds into "sunroof" mode (cool feature) and then push the button again to fold completely.

Convertible top with "sunroof" feature, chrono pack, endless accessories to personalize vehicle, price, reverse sensors, programable options (i.e. one touch to unlock all doors, automatic headlights, etc.) and of course the driving dynamics. Also, "center of attention" factor is cool!

better visibility would be appreciated and moving door lock/unlock buttons onto the door panel would be good.