2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Worth the Wait
By Miss Mapp on 12/14/04 01:24 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Cooper with CVT and so far am totally thrilled. Yes, it's small (hence the name), and yes the ride is ... firm. But. If you want to look for excuses to run errands, make heads turn at every stoplight, smile whenever you put the key in the ignition, and just plain feel more excited about driving than since you were 16, then the MINI is for you.

mini
By krunyan on 12/11/04 14:46 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

best car I have ever owned

Only one word to describe it...
By Byron Dondoyano on 12/11/04 10:39 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Only one word to describe it - FUN. I traded in my Nissan Frontier crew cab for this little bundle. Let me tell you, there is as much space in the interior as my old truck. Go figure. Enjoy it so much I'm not so crazy about our 2nd car - a Lexus 330. Don't get me wrong, the Lexus has the most plush interior anywhere in the world. Other than that, it has "no soul" as one person put it.

best car period
By Bill Dore on 12/11/04 08:31 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Drive it and your sold, every day it is just a joy to see and drive.

fun with a smile
By captain mike on 12/05/04 23:02 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is attractive, extremely fun to drive, and glued to the road, with no fear of tipping over. It has a great feel through the controls and terrific fuel economy even if you drive it hard. It corners better than my Mercedes-Benz AMG. Unfortunately, two sets of golf clubs will not fit in it.

Mini Convertible
By Magoo on 11/29/04 10:53 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car. Real fun to drive. Wife wanted an automatic. You can still shift it manually if you want.

It's a MINI BMW
By bman1221 on 11/26/04 22:53 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I drive a 2003 M3. Takes a lot to impress me when it comes to driving and handling in cars. After driving my M3 everything else is just transportation, until I drove a mini s convertible. What a great driving and handling little "pocket rocket" It handles like a BMW and has enough power to let you know it has it if you need it. It gives the impression of a lot more guts than the normal 3 series and while driving it doesn't feel small or restricted. I bought it for my wife but I must admit it's a blast to drive!!!

LOVE IT!
By MY MINI on 11/07/04 09:24 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a new car for sometime but couldn't find one that I liked til now. What a great car! So much better than a VW bug. I love everything about it!

I love this car
By BigQ17 on 11/06/04 15:06 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the car, but I love how it handles and how good it is on gas for me.

2005 MINI Cooper S Convertible
By vx49268 on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I had a 2003 MINI Cooper S and decided to trade up for a cabrio S model. The 2005 is a vastly better car. MINI has really worked on improving their build quality. If you owned a tin-top MINI, you will feel the extra weight of the cabrio when cornering, but it isn't too objectionable. Nits - Rearward visibility, top up or down isn't too good. The new cup holder on the center stack squeaks Picks - Convertible top. Absolutely awesome. Very well built and very versitile. Revised shift linkage / gear ratios are spot-on. Resale value - you won't find ANY car in this price range that holds it's value as well as MINI.