2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews 2

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
ROAD HUGGER
By HappyMINI on 08/20/09 13:25 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven many sport cars, BMW, Porsche, Mercedez and Lexus....but this MINI is right there with them when it comes to ROAD HANDLING and CORNERING IS AWESOME!!! And not mention fuel efficiency. I get lots of smiles from my neighboor whenever I cruise. Just being lucky to have one of these. Keeping this one for long time!!!

I am going to miss my MINI !!!!
By Happy MiniOwner on 07/24/09 06:06 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I've had my MINI since it was a pup, straight from it's mother teat! But after 4 years, it's time to get an automatic since the wife can't drive a stick. This has been one of my favorite cars I have owned, being in my forties, that's been a lot. It is a blast to drive. I agree the seats could be a little more comfortable, but they're not that bad. The cup holder situation is bad, very bad. Mechanically, I have only had an O2 sensor fail. and those ridiculously expensive tires were replaced too early with normal high performance tires (it is also a weird size had to special order them). The passenger seat has stopped reclining. I will miss waving at other MINI owners and being in the family.

Needs better quality control
By big john on 07/15/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

04/20/2006 Passenger door reflector fell off, passenger seat spring loose, clock runs very fast (new speedometer assy. required to repair) 06/29/2006 Passenger seat airbag sensor not properly installed 09/17/2006 Driver window would not operate 05/17/2007 SES light. Replaced oxygen sensor 01/23/2008 Replaced heater thermostat housing. Front tires needed replacement at 26,000 miles 06/09/2008 Replaced ignition switch & control unit for electronic drive away protection 07/15/2008 Replaced power steering fan and grille

Fun, Fast, And Darn good looking
By 2008GLI on 06/17/09 12:32 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love the s-model, ive owned it a year and have never had any problems, it is good on gas, quick in traffic, i always get compliments on it, but the interior design stinks, seating is not to comftorable, but overall this car is very quick from point a-b, and it has been very reliable, services are pricey though, If your looking for a small hatchback thats quick and good looking get the Mini cooper, another Good one is a 2006+ Gti, looks better, alot smoother and interior design is way better, not to mention its good on gas and very comfy, but overall mini is king.

It's a love/hate relationship
By bebonic84 on 11/10/08 18:42 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Since I bought the car in Nov I've had to make the trip to the dealer four times. They had to replace the hood latch, headlights, seatbelt and power steering pump. When the power steering pump started to go it made this tremendously loud noise. So loud I'd have to turn off my car in the bank drive thru. It's on its way into the shop this week actually to have the front end looked at. The tires were so incredibly expensive that I had to go out and buy run of the mill tires just to make it through this winter.

Love hate relationship
By Loosenut on 10/30/08 14:11 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The car is so much fun to drive it's addictive. It corners smoothly and accelerates well. The front seats aren't the most comfortable but are very adjustable. The biggest problem I have had is with the new gas containing ethanol. Seems the gas companies add more than the 10% they say they do and the Mini runs lousy because of it. At least that is what the dealer says. Oh yeah, and now the CD player died.

The most fun car to drive
By Peeweee on 09/16/08 16:47 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Finally kids are grown - no hockey bags to haul or kids to move to college. This little car is so road hugging and is so responsive - it is just the most fun I've had in 35 years of driving. Not a day goes by that someone doesn't stop me and ask "what is that car?" or "do you like it?" This little car gets me high fives when driving down the highway and many smiles at his license plate (PeeWeee). A great brotherhood (or sisterhood) as I get waves from other mini drivers. Often I come out of the mall or grocery store and find another mini parked right next to me. Love to surprise large men who think they will be cramped inside the car. Wonderful little car I will have for years!

Smile!
By Sophie on 08/25/08 18:53 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I am so lucky to be driving a Mini Cooper S for my first car. I bought it last June and it's never going to have another owner. Everytime I drive her, I can't help but smile. The supercharger is fun, and the handling is amazing. I learned to drive on a Buick Park Avenue, so the Mini was a dream. With the back seats down, I can fit my 152cm snowboard. Good cargo space. I autocross with my mini, and it's beyond words. Acceleration is good. The auto-manual is a great option! Also, the winter package, Harmon/Kardon sound system, and sunroof are definitely worth the extra money! The runflat tires that came with her are terrible, though. I recommend replacing them as soon as possible.

2005 Mini Cooper S
By catseye on 07/01/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I sold my beloved BMW M3 to get this car, so I had high expectations for this car as a daily driver and weekend track car. I have not been disappointed. The car is solid in every way, quick, and sticks like glue. I continue to be impressed as time goes on, and understand why so many people own more than one and sell theirs to buy another one. wow! What a car.

7670226
By 7670226 on 06/28/08 16:38 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We dumped our Jetta for a Mini, and it was a great decision. It feels so exhilirating to ride. The vroom of the 1.6-liter four makes me want to go faster. The transmission, though is a different story. But there is so little body lean, it corners perfectly, why get an S model if this is enough? The rear seat is surprisingly roomy for a car this small. Most controls are simple to use. The outside is just adorable. The white goes perfectly with the black roof. Driving lamps help at night. It's sad that there isn't enough room for us and our luggage, so we can't go to Chicago with it. But it's so much fun just to drive through the city. It's so playful.