2005 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Miss Mini Loves Attention
By Miss Mini on 07/17/06 17:15 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My husband let me pick the car I wanted - and I've always loved the Mini since we were in Europe. So I was overjoyed when the convertible became available. My husband thought my MINI was a girly car - that is until he drove it. Now he loves to drive it - the pick-up and the way it holds the road - especially in curves. He is tall - over 6 ft. and he has plenty of room. Only draw back is the nearest dealership is 100 miles away. So am glad it is working well.

I Wouldn't Trade my Mini for Anything!
By Mini_T on 07/05/06 09:14 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a great little car. It's very sporty and handles well. I bought mine in Germany and drove it to Switzerland and Italy. Talk about fun on the road. This car is built to handle the most death defying curves any road has to offer. I love to drive it and people love to ask, "How much fun is it to drive?" My standard reply, "It's my toy, and fun is an understatement!"

Great style, poor reliability
By michaelben on 06/13/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I own two MINIs: both S, one hardtop and one convertible. Both are stylish and a hoot to drive. I am a gentle driver - the convertible averages only 4,000 mi/yr and the hardtop about 9,000 mi/yr. And yet... I have had to replace the transmission three times on the hardtop, the AC failed twice on the hardtop, the AC / heat system failed once on convertible, the ASC light comes on/stays on in both, they have various serious rattles - that MINI knows of - they have had to be serviced. MINI service has taken care of everything, but I am spending most of my highway driving just taking both cars in for service. I am regretting having two MINIs that have so many service issues. Hate to give up the style, but...

Another Miniac
By RodgerMcConnell on 06/12/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love my Mini. I have the Chile Red convertible with white stripes and the car seems to glow. Mine is powered by the JCW engine kit which adds considerable lower end power to the handling equation, and while I've grown a little jaded with the 207 HP power plant, the Mini is an absolute joy to drive. It's quick to accelerate and the precise steering engenders total confidence in the Mini's predictability. All this and the Mini is soooo stylish. I live in Montana and I'm accorded near rock-star adulation while on the road or even when it's parked. While the car is a great social icebreaker, all the attention is almost embarrassing. People of all ages simply love this car!

Love the Mini
By keif calkins on 06/05/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

We keep the Mini at our beach house. What a neat car for tooling along a1a. Not a day goes by that someone stops me and admires my Mini. I have never seen a convertible top as well made as my Mini's. The ride is exceptional for a small car. I just love my Mini. The only negative is my service dealer is 75 miles from where my Mini lives.

Best in Class
By minicoupah on 05/05/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cooper with the cold weather, premium pack, and 5-speed transmission. It has the most amazing ride. I'm a big guy and there is no issue with the cockpit. It is not he quickest vehicle around, but it is fast. This car is VERY stable. Its ride is a bit choppy on bumpy roards though. It goes where you point it, without any steering wheel torque at all. It redlines at over 6,000 rpm and the engine runs and runs. I have logged 20,000 miles on it so far this year. A glutton for performance, I've ordered an '06 "S", with DSC, limited-slip, chrono, cold weather, and premium pack #1. As a side note, I rented one with an automatic and took it to Death Valley and the Mojave. I drove it VERY hard and actually beat-on it over 50 miles down the West Side Rd. I chuckle now, knowing just how well these cars are made.

Let's Motor
By Marvel S on 04/16/06 17:39 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

We now have 2 Mini's and love both of them. The Convertible is definitely a head turner. It is lots of fun to drive and totally different from anything on the road today. My 2002 has 30,000 miles and has been very reliable. Between the two cars the only major problem has been with the convertible roof. It is easy to use, but gets white marks on it when raising and lowering. The car has been recalled for this problem. It still does it after the fix. It looks like it can cause early wear. Besides that one problem, the car has been flawless and just a blast to drive. Lets Motor!

It's LOVE
By sabinka on 03/27/06 19:49 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Mini Cooper is my sixth convertible...and it is the BEST one yet. It handles like a dream even she likes to fly. This is by far the best car I've ever owned. PS: my boyfriend owns/ d rives vintage muscle cars and he loves to drive the MINI too.

Mini Car - Max Fun
By COOPER on 03/18/06 10:04 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a delight! The only problem that I have had with it was rubbed wiring and it was fixed quickly at the dealer. We enjoy this car so much. It's velcroed to the road! It performs perfectly on the interstate at 75 mph or crawling in the city. I can't wait to see what MINI comes up with next!

Makes me feel young.
By Ted on 03/18/06 09:20 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My 2005 MINI Cooper S Convertible is my weekend car. It is extremely fun to drive. I park my SUV in the driveway after work and just take off with my MINI. It is a throw back to my younger days.