2005 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Cute Sexy but not for everyone
By minime on 06/15/10 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Forever contemplated getting a brand new VS. used. Found a used on Craigslist for a reasonable price so took the plunge. Mine is a decked out Mini Cooper S convertible with all the options and JCW package (except the nav system). Quick & nimble but harsh and jolting ride (17" run flats + stiff suspension = good looks+performance but uncomfortable) While no match for a hardcore RWD sports car, it has a very good vehicle dynamics characteristics for a FWD. Neutral steer with a hint of tail-out oversteering when pushed. Overly intrusive ESP (but you can turn it off). Not recommended if this is going to be your one and only car. Not many 4 seater convertible that can match fun factor as Mini Cooper

Poor Quality
By riverbendmike on 03/19/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but trouble with my 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible. I have spent thousands of dollars in out of warranty repair bills. My problems have been. 1. Convertible mechanism cable replacement. 2. Oil gasket replacement. 3. Power steering failure (safety issue) 4. Trunk latch replacement. 5. Shift mechanism replacement. The car is at the dealer and the oil issue is being looked at again because I've had to add oil too often. So that may need to get done again. I'm seriously thinking of just leaving the car there. There is a reason it has go-cart handling. - It's built like a go-cart.

Love after test drive
By LoveMINI on 02/25/10 18:05 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I spent extensive time researching MINI models and years, contacting dealerships, and ended up finding the perfect MINI from a private seller down the street. I spend an extensive amount of time driving due to work and a long-distance relationship, and have never been disappointed. I am a careful driver and take good care of my car, but made the mistake of using summer performance tires throughout the Wisconsin winter...still handled fabulously! There really is nothing this little car can't do; I read through thousands of reviews before purchasing, and while the dealership inconvenience and fairly high prices for repair remain true, I have had little to no problems otherwise

So much fun!
By Marie on 08/12/09 15:24 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the most fun that you can have driving! Everytime that I get behind the wheel the Mini is ready to go. It handles beautifully, hugs the curves, and loves to accelerate up hills. With the top down and wind in my face- what could be better?

My dream car....finally comes true
By ultrarider on 08/08/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

While I have not owned my used Cooper convertible very long, I've been looking for 3 years. It was babied in the first 44K miles. It's a dream to drive. 5 speed shifts like new, handles better than anything I've owned (38 cars and counting).

First of MINI
By Gretta0326 on 07/25/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the most fun cars I have ever driven. I went with the automatic but really wish I had gone with the manual S version. It handles fabulously and is a must-have if you have to park in the city.

The greatest car I've ever owned
By nkasoff on 10/30/07 17:42 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my MINI convertible. I've owned all sorts of cars in the past, and nothing even comes close. I got a base model, the only option was the CVT. It's not a performance car by any means, but I didn't want that - if I did, I'd have bought the S. I don't need the speed, or the tickets.

Great Fun!
By c. t. ricks on 01/11/07 11:08 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most fun to drive vehicle I have ever owned. The automatic transmission is great around town, but the option to shift yourself adds great fun and enhanced performance during play time. The full convertible with the option to use it as a sunroof adds fantastic variety, especially in rapidly changing weather conditions.

Great Car
By danderson on 01/05/07 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is with out a doubt the most fun for the money I could ever imagine.

Love my mini
By John on 10/28/06 13:34 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My 2005 MINI Cooper S is a great car. It is lots of fun to drive and fast. It is the perfect car.