Mini USA's little ATM machine!
By Honda owner now on
2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
With 60k miles on it CVT transmission failed on the freeway at rush hour, they tried to charge me $10k to replace it, talked em down to $3k but still then the fuel gauge, again, leaving me stranded on the freeway $1200, then the power steering $1000, then the mysterious $1200 thermostat repair that took them over a week to diagnose, apparently I hit a pot hole on the way home from the dealership (I have no memory of hitting anything) but the next day all the radiator fluid was on the ground so back she went to where they set me back another $2200 for a new radiator. I'm not even listing the numerous repairs that cost under $500 that I had to do, all for a car with less than 85k miles.
Favorite Features
None. I have never had such anxiety over a car in my life. I researched and read all the reviews but I guess I've learned to never buy a car within the first few years of production and never to trust BMW/Mini. I hate that they made so much money off of me with their defective car.
Suggested Improvements
Take responsibility for the numerous well documented design flaws that have cost your FORMER customers thousands of dollars and compromised our safety. Recall the transmission, power steering, and fuel gauge. I traded it in for a Honda last week, I'll never trust BMW again.