Used 2004 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 365 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Best car I've ever owned
By laggy

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is simply the best car i have ever owned. I have driven and owned several other cars some of even greater sticker value, but this is just simply the most fun you could ever have in a car. There is just nothing that can beat the driveableity, sportiness and overall fun this car delivers. Not only that, it is easy to keep on the road because you don't constantly get gouged by expensive trips to the gas station because the fuel econmy is so great. On the highway I can average 40+ mpg at 70+ mph

It's a driver's car

None

Loving My Baby Mini
By Jelliebea

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I couldn't have gotten a better car. We have two babies and are both tall people. My husband is over 6'5 and doesn't have to roll the seat all the way back. We take this car everywhere. We can use it for short overnight trips but not for long ones where we will need to bring a lot of baby gear. We are just amazed at the amount of space we have. The gas mileage of this car is also out of this world. I am just in love with our Mini and can't wait till we can get another. We are part of a Mini club and go around with other's who enjoy their's just as much.

The seating...it is very comfortable.

There have been so many upgrades since ours that I couldn't really suggest any at this point.

Love my MINI!
By Mini Girl

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mini! This is the best car I have ever had. I can't complain. The gas milage is awesome, I can park it anywhere I want, and for a little thing the power is unreal! The stereo system is awesome too. I recomend anyone to get a Mini. Oh yeah one more thing, this little car gets a lot of attention!

I love the whole package!

BMW, Just keep doing what you're doing, don't ever change it!

MIN-E
By John S

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I bought my Mini Cooper S used with 17,000 on it for a fair price. It is one of the best cars ever driven. People stare, smile, and ask questions wherever you stop. This car is fun, fun, fun. That's all you can really say. Downside - this is not a family car, but it is perfect for two and the occasional three or four. At 20,000 miles, I had to have the slave cylinder replaced (leaking). This was all taken care of under warrenty.

The acceleration and gas consumption are great. I am getting over 35 mpg with 'very' careful driving but that can go down consiterably with a heavy foot. This car corners like it is on rails. I would buy another one.

Change the cigarette lighter position (obviously this car was designed by a non-smoker). Give it more cup holder room. Relocate the 'heated seat' switches - they can get turned by accident.

2004 Mini
By slstratto

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 2004 Mini Cooper is FANTASTIC - any time ALL the time! This car is so much more fun than I can describe. Everywhere you go people are always smiling at you...what a great feeling!

How 'smart' the Mini is.

Improve BMW paints so Minis get less 'little' road chips.