2004 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Outstanding Car!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Angus on 07/18/05 23:09 PM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

In the last twenty plus years I have owned sixteen vehicles. P/U trucks, cars, pretty much everything, but I have never owned a car like my MINI Cooper MC-40, I trully look forward getting in and driveing, like when I was fifteen and first got my permit. This is without a doubt the finest car I have ever owned.

Won't drive anything else!
By brentski on 06/08/05 00:59 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I don't think I will ever drive any other cars but MINIS ever again! Reliable, stylish, safe, and fun to drive! What more can you ask for! Even though its small, it's a people-mover; everyone wants to ride in the MINI! Always carrying 4!

Mini's Rock!!
By ford on 03/25/05 08:28 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is by far the BEST car that we have ever owned. We previously had a BMW 330CI with M3 package and this car blows it away in all aspects.

It is still a "British Car"
By WhizBang on 01/27/05 20:28 PM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a "luxury" Mini for my wife; Gold, CVT, every option except navigation. Even with the CVT this car is fun to drive but we have had four trips to the dealer for unschedualed maintenance. Things like the horn quit, the window lifts squeeked -loud, dashboard was replaced, plastic seatback cover replaced, Tire pressure sensors replaced, radio replaced, sunroof leak fixed, and more. BMW may own the company, and may have designed the car but.....It is a "BRITISH CAR" through and through.

Hard to service
By Downhill on 01/20/05 09:22 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have had this car for a year, 11,000miles, fun car to drive, but a nightmareto service especially if you travel. Dealerships are not convenient,must waita month or more to get an appointment. Also, having trouble with transmissionfinding gear at low speeds. Car lunges,so far two dealerships have not beenable to fix it.

2004 MINI Cooper Hatchback
By Jim Spier on 12/22/04 07:42 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The handling of my 2004 MINI Cooper Hatchback is great amd its fuel consuption is outstanding. I get 38 MPG at under 70 MPH. Is a little under powered though, I should have gotten the S model, but still runs well. The Harmon Karden stereo is unbeatable. So far I am very pleased with this car.

2004 MINI Cooper Hatchback - My Favorite Car
By Cheryl on 12/19/04 14:47 PM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2004 MINI Cooper Hatchback for my teenage daughter and now everyone in the family wants to drive it. It definitely attracts attention and is so much fun to drive. Most people coo and squeal "It's so cuuuuuuute!"

Went from an SUV to a MINI
By Rob L. on 12/19/04 12:15 PM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My 2004 MINI Cooper S Hatchback has literally put fun back linto driving. It's handling and acceleration are awesome.There is definite BMW in its heritage. The fit and finish are superb. So far in 9,000 miles I have not had any real problems. My only complaint is some lack of power with the A/C on.

2004 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Awesome
By Jenny on 12/19/04 11:21 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The 2004 MINI Cooper Hatchback has been great for mountain driving. It has loads of power and is zippy around corners. It has great pick up as well. I have driven it on long road trips too. There is plenty of room for two people plus luggage. My four year old sits in her car seat in the back with lots of room. The warranty service is great too. It's the best I have ever had with a car. I highly reccomment this vehicle!

2004 MINI Cooper S Hatchback - My Dream Car
By tim on 12/19/04 10:46 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have wanted a MINI since 1967. So I had high expectations when I bought mine and BMW has met them all! I would buy this car again in a second. Its the first car that did not have to go back to the dealer in the first year of ownership. I would recommend getting rid of the run-flat tires though if you want a better ride.