2004 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Expensive to own!
By carrieb on 12/09/07 21:56 PM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a really fun car to drive but very expensive to own. Have owned less than two years and have had one thing after another malfunction. Fragile and only the dealer seems to know how to repair. Hit a pothole and had to replace the tire and rim for $1000! Considering selling and buying something more reliable.

MyMini
By Fire on 09/23/07 16:37 PM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Outstanding on all levels from quality to service professionality. BMW put it's high standards on this and it definitely shows.

Fun to Own
By KK on 06/28/07 07:52 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife says I love the car more than her...not true, but it is a fantastic and fun vehicle. Of the many cars I've owned, I have had more fun driving the Cooper than any other. As gas prices rose, the Cooper is even more beneficial, as I average above 30 mpg, even in the city. Overall, a pleased customer!

Best car I've ever owned
By laggy on 05/06/07 17:01 PM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is simply the best car i have ever owned. I have driven and owned several other cars some of even greater sticker value, but this is just simply the most fun you could ever have in a car. There is just nothing that can beat the driveableity, sportiness and overall fun this car delivers. Not only that, it is easy to keep on the road because you don't constantly get gouged by expensive trips to the gas station because the fuel econmy is so great. On the highway I can average 40+ mpg at 70+ mph

Loving My Baby Mini
By Jelliebea on 11/04/06 10:39 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I couldn't have gotten a better car. We have two babies and are both tall people. My husband is over 6'5 and doesn't have to roll the seat all the way back. We take this car everywhere. We can use it for short overnight trips but not for long ones where we will need to bring a lot of baby gear. We are just amazed at the amount of space we have. The gas mileage of this car is also out of this world. I am just in love with our Mini and can't wait till we can get another. We are part of a Mini club and go around with other's who enjoy their's just as much.

Love my MINI!
By Mini Girl on 10/14/06 13:49 PM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mini! This is the best car I have ever had. I can't complain. The gas milage is awesome, I can park it anywhere I want, and for a little thing the power is unreal! The stereo system is awesome too. I recomend anyone to get a Mini. Oh yeah one more thing, this little car gets a lot of attention!

MIN-E
By John S on 08/27/06 18:41 PM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I bought my Mini Cooper S used with 17,000 on it for a fair price. It is one of the best cars ever driven. People stare, smile, and ask questions wherever you stop. This car is fun, fun, fun. That's all you can really say. Downside - this is not a family car, but it is perfect for two and the occasional three or four. At 20,000 miles, I had to have the slave cylinder replaced (leaking). This was all taken care of under warrenty.

2004 Mini
By slstratto on 08/19/06 17:23 PM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 2004 Mini Cooper is FANTASTIC - any time ALL the time! This car is so much more fun than I can describe. Everywhere you go people are always smiling at you...what a great feeling!

The Best Buy!
By CW's MINI on 07/08/06 10:48 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 2.5 years the love still has not faded. I look forward to going places just so I can drive my MINI. I also took an opportunity to get a quote on trading it in when I went in for my FREE scheduled maintenance and found out that I would get $15,600 which is a 79.1% trade-in value. That number is exceptional! If you love getting you money's worth and some money back in the end then this is the car for you! I couldn't believe it was still worth so much. I am already looking forward to trading it in next year and get my hands on another brand new MINI... but this time I will upgrade to the 'S' and the JCW (the works). MINI owners know what I'm talking about! I recomend this car to ALL!

Best car for the money
By ExoticCars on 06/01/06 00:56 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

In addition to my Mini I own a Porche Cayman, BMW M3, and a Lexus RX 330... I have to admit that I have more fun on cornering with my Mini than I do with my Cayman. My Mini is amazing... off the line the Mini is quick. The Mini is also a car with limited production. (If you live in LA you will probably see lots of Mini's, this is because 30% of all Minis around the world are sold in LA). I wish I bought my Mini before the M3.