2004 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews 35

2004 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
mini comments
By howard on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Cooper S is a fun, exhilirating ang just a hoot to drive.It offers excelent, handeling, braking, exceleration and many nice creature comforts.

Bang for the buck
By CHILIMINI on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD FOR UNDER 20K GREAT LOOKS, FUN FACTOR, NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM, AND A CROWD GATHERS WHEREVER IT IS PARKED. DRIVES LIKE IT IS ON RAILS AROUND CORNERS. DO NOT SKIMP, GET THE DSC ATABILITY CONTROL, AND THE HARMON KARDON STEREO IS A MUST AS THE FACTORY ONE IS AS BAD AS MY ALARM CLOCK

It's cool Mom!
By 35 momma on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My kids woke up the next morning and wanted me to drive them to school. They loved it.Come to find out, we are the only family in the whole school that has such a cool,fast sporty car! We love it!

6"4' and still have room
By rak on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Cooper S is a perfect commuter car. I'm 6"4', and can still put the seat back another 2 inches. I have a 34' inseam, for those of you who thought I might have short legs. The car is a pleasure to drive. After driving a 87 BMW 325 for 16 years, I expect the car to be reliable. I love the way it handles. The reviews are much to hard on the cars steering. There is no play in the wheel, the way things should be made. Just like the BMW, the battery is in the rear, with a connection in the front should you need it. Steering, braking, and acceleration are all very good. This car is a blast!

eh?
By knightnoah on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

good all around car is nice nice design, fast as hell and sweet to drive. turns alot of heads. cant wait for the convertable

Mini Experience
By Ron KLein on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Words cannot explain the experience with the Mini. I have other sports cars before and the Mini is in a class by itself. For the price and the car that you get I don't think there's anything else on the market to compare. Ron

mini is a winner
By jrmkzo on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am extremely happy with my car. My sister baught one on the same day, now most of my family members are thinking of getting one. You get a lot of car packed into that price tag. Once in a while the pick up isn't that fast, but on the other occasions I find myself peeling the tires, but that is the only drag on the performance. Other wise, its excellent, and actually amazing in bad weather. I would highly recoment it.

Motoring to Repairs
By A. Calin on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 14 visits to the dealer for repairs, one time having it towed to the dealer and countless calls (in excess of 25) to the MiniHelp line - all in 12 months. The fun is gone!!! There are cars that are lemons - and mine appears to be one of them! Too many issues to list, but the worst one is the fact that BMW will not fix an issue unless the issue is present when you bring it to the dealer. Example: my power steering worked intermittently for 2 months and was only fixed when the car overheated and had to be towed in - luckly the power steering didn't work when it was dropped off.

all mine
By r6 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

great car would'nt change a thing.dad always said if it aint broke dont fix it.

Mini S
By Puaili on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My right window had not been able to go down and the BMW dealer has tried to fix it twice and thise third time I am waiting for a new part.