2004 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
mini comments
By howard on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Cooper S is a fun, exhilirating ang just a hoot to drive.It offers excelent, handeling, braking, exceleration and many nice creature comforts.

Bang for the buck
By CHILIMINI on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD FOR UNDER 20K GREAT LOOKS, FUN FACTOR, NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM, AND A CROWD GATHERS WHEREVER IT IS PARKED. DRIVES LIKE IT IS ON RAILS AROUND CORNERS. DO NOT SKIMP, GET THE DSC ATABILITY CONTROL, AND THE HARMON KARDON STEREO IS A MUST AS THE FACTORY ONE IS AS BAD AS MY ALARM CLOCK

It's cool Mom!
By 35 momma on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My kids woke up the next morning and wanted me to drive them to school. They loved it.Come to find out, we are the only family in the whole school that has such a cool,fast sporty car! We love it!

6"4' and still have room
By rak on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Cooper S is a perfect commuter car. I'm 6"4', and can still put the seat back another 2 inches. I have a 34' inseam, for those of you who thought I might have short legs. The car is a pleasure to drive. After driving a 87 BMW 325 for 16 years, I expect the car to be reliable. I love the way it handles. The reviews are much to hard on the cars steering. There is no play in the wheel, the way things should be made. Just like the BMW, the battery is in the rear, with a connection in the front should you need it. Steering, braking, and acceleration are all very good. This car is a blast!

Mini Experience
By Ron KLein on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Words cannot explain the experience with the Mini. I have other sports cars before and the Mini is in a class by itself. For the price and the car that you get I don't think there's anything else on the market to compare. Ron

mini is a winner
By jrmkzo on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am extremely happy with my car. My sister baught one on the same day, now most of my family members are thinking of getting one. You get a lot of car packed into that price tag. Once in a while the pick up isn't that fast, but on the other occasions I find myself peeling the tires, but that is the only drag on the performance. Other wise, its excellent, and actually amazing in bad weather. I would highly recoment it.

Super Mini Love affair
By CommsortiumLTD on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I say "super mini" because it is a super little car. Drove the "S" and performance was not different enough to justify the cost. Mileage so far at 3500 is in mid 20's. Premium gas required making it still expensive for size. Seat adjustments are weird and difficult to operate. Rear seat is hard. Otherwise, a worthwhile buy. We have one and may buy another. Car gets tremendous attention everywhere..more than I ever got with my Porsches or Ferrarri!!!

Mini Cooper Proves Size Does Matter
By VryDarkEyes on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Since purchasing our Mini we've been seen driving around Southern California with an endless grin on our faces! The inside is very roomy. I have two teenage kids and we can all 4 fit comfortably inside our Mini without anyone having to sit with their knees in their chest. We attended our first Mini Rally (9/13/03) and had a chance to really play with the car and it performed awesome! Ours is the Mini, but handled and performed as well as the Cooper "S" on every twist and turn. The exterior styling is eye-catching. I have never had so many strangers approach me in all my life. Everyone wants to look at this car!

100%
By DIngleberry\] on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

this car is great!

Too Slooowww
By HerbSchober on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Too slooooowwww, needs larger engine to be a true sport type vehical.