Used 2004 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

awesome car...too small w/ baby
By Mbrown325ic

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Mini Cooper is a blast to drive, the handling is incredible and people check you out everywhere you go. Total strangers come up to you all the time to ask about it. It looks great and I never had a single problem with it. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it is not suitable for a new baby, we had to sell mine when we had our baby in november, it was tough getting the carseat in and out and the passenger seat has to be pushed all the way forward to fit the carseat...leaving no room for a passenger to sit comfortably. Until we had our baby it was the perfect car and I highly recommend it.

great handling, awesome styling inside and out...great stereo

make all leather seat options available on the cooper s...also available on the cooper.

Fun to drive
By jerryt74

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Love this car! Fun to drive. Makes me feel young at heart and playful again. I like to just go drive now!

Very stylish! Love all the color schemes and patterns. Love the sophisicated style of the interior yet sporty and enrgetic!

One great little fun car.
By rodf

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I took my MINI on several trips right after I purchased it and the only problem I ever had was a minor glitch with the cruise control. I pulled into the dealership that evening explained the problem and 20 minutes later I was out the door with fix completed. I have put about 10000 miles on "Squee" (must have name for such a great little car.) and have had no other problems. Great car to drive and rides very nice.

The steering is so smooth and effortless with no play whatsoever. Just feels great and so very responsive. It is also quite peppy with the turbo so you do have to keep an eye on the speedometer.

Some thing to make it a little easier to get the back of the back seats back up after you have had them folded down for transporting something. It's a long awkward reach to the little handle insert holes. Maybe a leather strap or something!! But I love it!!!

A Year with a Mini
By Christie FIsher

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive. People see me on the road and smile. It is extremely stable and handles well. Because it is a "driving machine" the ride is a bit rough. The main problem I have had is that it shifts quite roughly. Sometimes I have to try many times to get into reverse. I have asked the dealer about this and have been told I do not know what I am talking about. The rubber gasket around the top of the windshield has come apart three times now. The cruise control is not very good. When I set the cruise control, it lunges and usually slows down a few mph from where I set it.

heat and air system handling many safety features that helped the insurance rate tires that don't go flat

have a cover rather than a screen on the sunroof to keep the sun out in the heat of the day improve the cruise control put the gas gauge in front of the driver

we love our mini!!!
By mandapanda

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

this car is pure fun! it has room for tall people and puts a smile on our faces just seeing it in the garage. it handles hills and curves perfectly, and has the speed to make every straight road a kick.

sport suspension. interior design.

run flat tires are bumpy on concrete freeways. figure that out and the car is perfect.