2004 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Huge Mini
By LIVEfrom718 on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

i absolutely love it. at 163hp this car flies!!! it doesn't sound too much, but between the weight and size it really hauls! it's a really fun car. i get the "it's a cute" care from a lot of people, but once they see the interior, the way it handles, and all the little extras people are really shocked. at first most people are reminded of the beetle and all the cuteness that surrounds that, but don't forget that this little guy is made from the folks at BMW!

Mini_A car everyone should own
By rixr321 on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is amazing. Powerformance comfort, Interior design is perfect. I perfect design. Get one and you will not be disappointed.

If you enjoy driving, what's not to like
By topmini on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Looking for a driver's car that didn't break the bank, the Mini S can't be beat. Each time you slip into the leather seats, pop the sunroof and hear the throaty response of the exahust, you begin smiling. Once you actually zip off the mark and pull a quick corner (all within the speed limit, of course), the grin hits your lips and doesn't stop till you're parked and flip the 'unlock' toggle to end your latest fun journey - to the store, work, or a weekend away. Simply a joy to drive in every way.

GREAT CAR
By JAZZYJOSH on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

GREAT CAR, GREAT FUN.

Yellow Varoom!
By Cheryl Farmer on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only had the MINI 2 weeks. It far excedes expections. It is the first time that I have enjoyed driving the Innerstate.

First Months Impressions
By jppd on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Crisp handling is what we are told that separates Mini Cooper from its competitors. I whole hardily agree. The car has a feeling of being glued to the road. After having been told that 17" wheels and 205/45 were stiff and unforgiven I would say that on our roads in the Pacific Northwest don't exhibit this conclusion. Quality of materials is good, but the facia is quite plasticy. Powerful heated seats are too powerful, but that said your bum and back are toasty after only a minute or two. I'm surprised at the auto air conditioning system which seems to be much better than on my 2000 Audi A 6.

I LOVE MY YELLOW MINI!
By MiniYellow on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! It's fun to drive, it's fun to just look at! It makes me smile whenever I see it and when I am driving it I see that it makes other people smile as well!

Too much fun!
By dmcc1964 on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Every time I get in the driver's seat I want to pull onto the race track! This car is so much fun. I turns heads every time I drive it...Corvette and Porsche owners want to race. To date, I have been quite pleased with the mechanics of my MCS. It has performed flawlessly. Only complaint is the required high octane fuel costs and the clunky gearbox (I drove a Honda before...noted for its smooth gearbox).

my review
By thecoolest on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

this vehicle runs smoothley and you can barely tell you are driving....if you are in the passenger seat you could end up falling asleep because it is really comftorable.i cant wait till next year's model!

Love this car...
By reklawyks1 on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

There are a few reasons why I love this car- they are (in short) that it's a scrapper- it's not the biggest or fastest- but it handles like its glued to the asphalt and seems to be born and bred for zipping around the city or back country roads. I also like the fact that aftermarket parts are readily available and offered from quality shops.