2004 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Automatic Transmission (CVT) is OK
By nesad1 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Because most of my driving is spent in traffic commuting into Boston, and because my wife won't drive an standard transmission, I ordered my Mini with an automatic (CVT). Now, after a month of driving it, I am happy that I got the CVT. The CVT has one gear with an unfixed, huge range of variable gear ratios. It doesn't drive quite like other automatics, but it's more than adequate once you get used to it. In addition, there is "sports drive" mode built in that makes it run at higher rpms and thus makes additional torque available in this mode. It's a lot of fun when you're driving on a road with lots of tight twists and turns.

The best MINI ever
By de lang on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have never drove a car like this It has a corner handling like A go cart it has more than enough power to let the wheels spin even in third gear.(with tracktion control turned off) the brakes are very powerfull even in wet conditions.

The best car
By ACHAYA on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

this car is awsome all around and very fun to drive, you will have more fun driving it than a Ferrari. the engine on the S is very powerful and very responsive.

Feels like no other!
By Andersona9 on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2004 Mini Cooper with CVT transmission and I love it. The car has a different feel to it compared to other cars I have driven. It has a nice punch to it when the accelerator is pressed. The interior styling is top shelf and very classy looking.

Cooper S - Great !
By greg_r_smith on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Love this car. Really no complaints - handles great, road comfort better than expected and build quality is good.

great mini coopers
By john gross on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Nothing but the best... get compliments all the time. And the vehicle is fun to drive, fast, comfortable and different then any other car.

Mini Excitement
By virtualdream on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If your agressive with the Automatic it can hold its own. Pushing down on the gas until the pedal clicks to the floor and you can feel the car bolt you forward. The interior has so much to offer. I bought the leather package, with GPS - which directs you where to go. The controls are conveniently located and easily adjusted at a click of a button. The standard sound system is very good. Lots of leg room even for taller drivers. The dual sun roof is nicely engineered. I have had no problems with the Mini, other than too much attention from drivers.

Cute & Fun to Drive
By siberiop on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Have had the car 6 months now, and have had nothing but fun driving it. I love to drive it at night because I love the way the dash board lights up. I also have the xenon lights and can light up a 4 lane interstate, no chance of hitting anything with these lights.

All I want to do is drive!
By Magic Fingers on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love taking corners hard and this car love it too!

123333333333333333334
By popie on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

it was great fun to drive and a great car to take on trips for long periods