Used 2004 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mini Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2004 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Best car all around
By spencer wiley

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My MINI is the best car I have ever had. I have the John Cooper Works model with work done making 249 hp. Besides the incredible power everything else about this car is spot on. For the money the interior is GREAT quality and flashy. Nothing is broken or falling off. I get 40 mpg highway with the work done and all. With 47k miles and the only problem was a leak in the slave cylinder. All in all the most fun car in the world. It is cheap, economical, high quality, fast, great handling, attractive, and always puts a smile on your face

Favorite Features

SUPERCHARGER! makes a great noise. VERY fast. The exciting interior. great mpg. easily driven over 135 MPH. FUN CAR!

Suggested Improvements

nothing. enough with the negative reviews. go drive one. you will be amazed

repairs, repairs, repairs
By terrie

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love my mini, I hate the repair costs. It was great until Dec. when I ended up spending $4000.00 in repairs. The single largest expense was the clutch flywheel. I have it repaired at an independent shop where I purchased the car or it would have been twice as expensive. I called the dealer to compare prices. I was able to get 286,000 mi.on my last clutch so I do know how to drive a car without abusing a clutch. This car has been a delight to own otherwise. I have been tempted to sell, but I love driving it. I keep hoping each repair is the last. Let's hope it is. I do agree each time I take it in, just to get oil changed, it cost about $1000.00.

Favorite Features

handling

Suggested Improvements

interior amenities, though may have happened since 2004

Mini Review
By RaquelleS

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

For the most part I have absolutely loved being a Mini owner. I got the car with 39k i think and now I am at over 90k and haven't had any real problems out of it. I really wish that it was easier to work on. Im a 24 yr and am not made of money to go to the dealer every time I need to change the oil. I haven't had any tranny problems like all the other comments, but Im guessing that theirs is automatics.

Favorite Features

I recommend Minis, great gas mileage, handles extremely well around curves, and suites my personality very well. My onboard computer system!

Suggested Improvements

I wish that the air vents were in different places...it sure does keep my steering wheel cool or warm, but not me.

My Mini
By JoBob

2004 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If you lease this car it's great! I bought it, and I keep buying it every time I go in for the scheduled service. I am going to miss this car after I trade it in. The money it costs to run it is 10 times the amount you will save in gas costs. Also you need to pack a lunch to drive to the very rare and exclusive mini service dealerships.After you get there eat that lunch you packed while you wait for hours to find out that there is more than just an oil change. Have a strong heart for the bill you get. I know for a fact I could have been driving a Lincoln cheaper than this. If you have lots of money and time to blow, buy this car!

Favorite Features

The motoring! This car is so much fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

More service and dealerships, as well as getting real with the cost to service these. Never got out of the services under a grand!! And there is one every 15 thousand miles.

Great Car
By billdcat

2004 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

2004 Cooper S with 124000+ Miles. Only problem encountered was the stock tires. The car is used for work commute of 100 miles round trip per day in Mighigan. In rain and snow, stock tires did not hack it. The dealer has been great. The only maintenance so far has been service periods which for me clock in at about 23000 miles.

Favorite Features

A blast to drive. With as much time as I spend of the road, a fun car is needed.

Suggested Improvements

Michigan roads arn't the best. I have gone through a few wind shields: Non- breakable ones would be nice.