2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Great car!
By katrodgers78731 on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun on the Autobahns of Germany. We hate the idea of selling it but it does not fit a family of 3 very well. There is not a lot of room for a car seat and stroller.

Mini Cooper S
By siliconcenturion on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

to be short: Love this car, small, fun, sporty

Awesome!!
By venture on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Having seen a mini at a dealership in my hometown,I was going to buy it on the spot! My husband has the cooler head of the two of us and researched and found the nearest dealer Century Mini, in Greenville SC. I love the fact that our dealership sponsers owner appreciation nights and the maufacturer sends us little gifts in the mail. I have had a wonderful experience with this vehicle, the only problems being that the safety bag light malfunctioned and the trim on top of the front windshield kept coming loose ( both have been fixed). I highly recommend this vehicle for those who want to follow the path less traveled

My First Mini Club
By Min-X on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a quick and nice handeling car. It rides like a proformace car so long long trips are not recomended. The Car drives like a go-cart and is very fun to drive.

it's love
By this car is fun on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

i bought the mini just about a year ago now. i thought it would grow out on me and i would have to sell it. not happeneing. this car rocks. it blasts to 60 faster than you can say "holy mini" and corners like it's on rails. a great ecnomy sports car.

My Mini and me are tight
By tim villard on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

With a new job way out in the country and a commute of 45 miles each way, it was easy to talk myself into buying a Mini. I love it. Mine has the CVT tranny, the sunroof, the sport steering wheel, and the cold weather package. The mini has been great on icy roads, not so great in deep snow, but absolutely a joy to drive.

17 Month Review
By robymoss on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My love afair continues with this car! More step-off power would be nice, but once underway, the car is a blast to drive. Anyone looking for a fun-to- drive yet economic car would do themselves a favor by taking one for a test drive.

Love it
By dkjohannes on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Best thing since sliced bread

Dont buy one
By minilemon on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car had "de-acceletrated 4 times, going from 50 MPH on the highway to 20 without warning, can't make it up a hill, lost power in the middle of a busy intersection. The BMW dealer in SF told me that other MINIs have had the same problem and required the engine harness to be re-wired, but according to their service protocol, they would first do a series of software upgrades to see if that would fix the problem (that did not fix the problem on other cars, so why would it fix my problem? Their mechanics are not trained to work on MINIs, they gave me a hard time about paying for a rental car or giving me a loaner

enjoy the ride
By king of love on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

the car is fun to drive. be in. solid feel even on the highway. don't feel blown around. pleanty of room on the inside. insturements bright and beautiful. cornering lovely. power improves at higher rpm. around town with ac on a bit sluggish. but why not open the windows and the huge sunroof and let the fresh air and light in. that is the best. the premium stereo is a must especially with windows open and access to my mp3 player.