2002 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Big Kids Go Cart
By Nextboat on 05/28/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2002 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I used to own a 1967 MINI Coooper S. It was great fun, but unreliable, and in the shop constantly. The new MINI Cooper S is everything I could have wanted back then, and more. Handling, Safety, creature comforts, and feels better at 100 miles an hour than most cars. We use this car to move theings when we can't use our 5 series BMW, because we can fit more in with the seats folded down. This is a great car.

An Excellent Adventure
By Fanfare on 04/21/05 22:20 PM (PDT)

2002 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Never was a car person,but LOVE this car. Great road feel,well-engineered for cheap, and an attention-getter (unforseen outcome). While no 50 mpg,I'm feeling smug with prices at $2.50 per gallon. Don't be deceived by size.Have pictures of car loaded for ski weekend for 2 adults with 3 pairs of boots, 2 pairs of skis, and a snowboard. Not even packed. Only thing I've had to borrow a car for was to borrow a ladder. Both are better borrowed. Couple of little troubles (Power steering pump {made noise,took it in}, loose battery conection {had it towed,felt stupid}, vibration on sunroof easily resealed. All under warranty,as are oil changes every 10K. What a peach. Buying out the lease.

Holy S@#%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By king mini 05' on 01/15/05 14:48 PM (PST)

2002 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Wow!!!!! This car is absolutley amazing. Everything about it rocks!

Love this car
By shuck on 01/11/05 11:34 AM (PST)

2002 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife drives our MINI Cooper. I wish we had two so that I could drive it all the time. I just can't say enough good things about this car.

MINI Cooper
By V M on 01/07/05 20:10 PM (PST)

2002 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My MINI Cooper has been one of the best cars that I have ever owned. I would buy another MINI in a heartbeat. I am 5'10" 240 lbs. and fitting in cars with the width of my back is hard but I fit in this car with no problem. Everyone I know fits in my car, from my 6'4" brother to my 5'4" 120lb girlfriend. This car is great.

Fun Fun Fun!
By rangermike on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I've had my Cooper S for over a year and it has been a wonderful car. Great handling, stable on the highway and lots of fun at the track! It wasn't hard to pass cars 2, 3 and 4x more expensive than the Mini.

Nothing "Mini" About It!
By cjkinpa on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What a great car! I drove an RX7 for the past 15 years and it was hard to give up, but with 2 little boys, I needed a back seat. I still wanted something fun and sporty though. The Cooper certainly fits the bill. Lot's of power, even for the non-S version. A "big car" ride for such a little shrimp. And typical superior Beemer quality throughout. The Sport and Premium packages (leather, on board computer, sunroof, cd player etc.) make it feel even more like a luxury car. But the best part is the feel of this little guy gripping the road. It is an absolute joy to drive. Be prepared to stop and answer lot's of questions about it.

Fun Fun Fun!
By mini cooper on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Extremely fun to drive, excellent handling even without the optional sport suspension! At it's best on the turns, where most other cars have to slow down, the Mini does it with ease. Definitely an eye catcher, solid built construction, economic. Go drive one, take it on a windy road, and get ready to smile :)

Love my Cooper
By sierraja on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Has been a good car to have

Mini Mania
By dsmatl on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mini used, only 11,000 miles, as a gas miser. I've only had it a couple of months, but now I can't stand to drive any of our other vehicles. It's June in Atlanta and I'm still driving without the A/C: it's just so darn FUN! I still have one year's worth of bumper-to-bumper manufacturer's warranty (exc. tires). My windshield is cracked, but not unsafe; it's been backordered for 6 weeks so far.