Used 2002 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mini Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2002 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Great car!
By katrodgers78731

2002 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun on the Autobahns of Germany. We hate the idea of selling it but it does not fit a family of 3 very well. There is not a lot of room for a car seat and stroller.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is the navigational system!!! Makes travel around Europe sooo easy!

Suggested Improvements

Make more leg room for the back seat

Mighty
By T Ritchison

2002 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My Mini S, makes me smile. It's everything I ever wanted in a small car. Lots of fun to drive. The 6 speed is awesome. The engine is very reponsive. I've taken many long trips. The hum of the engine & exhaust at 60- 80 MPH, is music. Never had so much fun. I'm a backpacker. The room in the back is perfect for wine, hiking poles, cooler, 1 large suitcase and 2 back packs. My only dislike; the run flat tires. Expensive to replace and are good for about 25-27 G's. But I can live with that! I believe, its the best reproduction ever. My Mini & Me. My license plate is MIGHTY. Its that and then some. Wow!

Favorite Features

Style, comfort, the dash board and CD. Awesome sound. I love the tu-tone paint. The six speed transmission is tight. The Mini brings lots of smiles to children and adults alike. I think when people see it, it makes them have a happier day. I know it does me.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holder's, solid colors, with large GT stripes down the middle (complete wrap). Rear intense red light for driving in fog or severe weather. (European)

"Monster"
By MonsterMINI

2002 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Monster is the license plate of my 2002 Chili Red Mini Cooper S with black bonnet stripes. It is BMW technology at its best - an affordable, compact car that people from all walks of life desire. The history plays a major roll for this car, yet even if this was its first time around, I believe it would be equally as popular simply because of its perfect engineering and carefree lifestyle that it promotes. Whenever MINI owners pass one anther on the street they most always wave or honk, very unusual in today's world of "iPods."

Favorite Features

I love the shift knob, road feel (grip) around corners, dual sunroofs / moonroofs, and radio controls on the steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

nothing!

The Best
By Connor

2002 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is excellent. What else can i say!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

None. Maybe the price should be a bitlower.

Best small car on the road!
By tywashin

2002 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I have only owned it for about two months, so far it has been a great car. It's very fun to drive. And I like how other mini owners wave when ever we see each other. I draw attention wherever I go. It's also the best car I have ever had on gas. The seats could be a little more comfortable for long road trips.

Favorite Features

I like the 5 spd transmission, which is very fun to drive. And sound system in the car, which has one of the best sounds ever.

Suggested Improvements

I think it needs better arm rests. And a locking gas cap would be nice. And there should be more dealers that work on mini coopers, the closest one to me is a hour away. And most of the parts in the auto parts store has to be ordered. I almost forgot, cup holders could have been twice as big.