2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:
Poor Clutch Design
By dhtchk on 05/28/14 16:20 PM (PDT)

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned 7 manual cars over my lifetime. My year old MC Countryman S 2013's clutch never felt quite right, especially on hills. I learned this past week how wrong it is --and that MC knows this and does not have a fix. I was stuck in a mile of stop and go traffic --ON A HILL. By 1/3 of the way up, the clutch was burning and smoking and I had tremendous difficulty getting to the top safely. Although the burn smell lingered for another week, the clutch performed fine after that --no smoking no slipping. I finally took it into the dealer to check it out. Bottom line: Countryman clutches smoke on hills; expect it to burn out; hopefully it'll do so within warranty period. YIKES.

Simply the best bang for your buck.
By ijeremy on 01/31/14 17:21 PM (PST)

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

In this price range you're faced with a dreary econo-box, stripped out sedan or something else uninspired. My main goal when purchasing a brand new car was something with space, great gas mileage and FUN to drive. The Countryman checks every box and then some! Don't get me wrong... There are other cars in this segment that are great value, but the Countryman is the only one you'll take a second look at when you're walking away from it in a parking lot. Why not have your cake and eat it too?!

FUn to drive
By rvanurse on 09/15/13 03:01 AM (PDT)

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Handles like a dream and good mpg's for a sporty taller carlike "SUV. Perfect ride height, plenty of interior space. Power and accelerator feel are excellent. Get the S, get the manuel 6 speed and you will not be disappointed. Take good care of it and maintain it and it will take care of you for years to come and you will have so much fun. This is my second mini-cooper purchase and I have owned all brands. In my opinion this is one of the most satisfying mini coopers. Also HK system rocks if you can spring for it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon in VA is:

$165 per month*