2013 MINI Cooper Countryman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:
Poor Clutch Design
By dhtchk on 05/28/14 16:20 PM (PDT)

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned 7 manual cars over my lifetime. My year old MC Countryman S 2013's clutch never felt quite right, especially on hills. I learned this past week how wrong it is --and that MC knows this and does not have a fix. I was stuck in a mile of stop and go traffic --ON A HILL. By 1/3 of the way up, the clutch was burning and smoking and I had tremendous difficulty getting to the top safely. Although the burn smell lingered for another week, the clutch performed fine after that --no smoking no slipping. I finally took it into the dealer to check it out. Bottom line: Countryman clutches smoke on hills; expect it to burn out; hopefully it'll do so within warranty period. YIKES.

Simply the best bang for your buck.
By ijeremy on 01/31/14 17:21 PM (PST)

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

In this price range you're faced with a dreary econo-box, stripped out sedan or something else uninspired. My main goal when purchasing a brand new car was something with space, great gas mileage and FUN to drive. The Countryman checks every box and then some! Don't get me wrong... There are other cars in this segment that are great value, but the Countryman is the only one you'll take a second look at when you're walking away from it in a parking lot. Why not have your cake and eat it too?!

Not "more fun in a MINI"
By samalita on 12/19/13 12:23 PM (PST)

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman John Cooper Works ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Since the day I picked the car up at the dealer I had a problem. The radio overheated and turned off on my drive home. I've had it in the shop over four times, the radio replaced, and it still has the same problem. Apparently all Mini's have this problem; it's not just mine. They pulled other Coopers off the lot to perform the same test, and found the same result. I was finally was turned over to the regional office to resolve my issue since the radio is "operating as designed". After four months of dealing with them, I'm offered either a buy back for a fraction of the price, or a cash settlement to buy an after market radio which doesn't exist.

FUn to drive
By rvanurse on 09/15/13 03:01 AM (PDT)

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Handles like a dream and good mpg's for a sporty taller carlike "SUV. Perfect ride height, plenty of interior space. Power and accelerator feel are excellent. Get the S, get the manuel 6 speed and you will not be disappointed. Take good care of it and maintain it and it will take care of you for years to come and you will have so much fun. This is my second mini-cooper purchase and I have owned all brands. In my opinion this is one of the most satisfying mini coopers. Also HK system rocks if you can spring for it!

Nothing But Problems....Throw-Away Cars
By dxtreem1 on 06/20/13 18:11 PM (PDT)

THOSE CARS ARE GARBAGE I would give them "0" stars if I could..... Very long story but I will keep this brief . Just picked up my 7 month old car which has been shopped on 4 different occasions 31 days and a full car payment, not to include the days spent sitting in they lot before getting diagnosed..... Twice for tires, run flats suck btw, once for water/ coolant pump failure (replaced with refurbished pump) lastly for new engine........yes I said it new engine.....11,500 miles The service manager tried to blame me initially, stated that mini wouldn't cover a new engine repair, buuuuutttttt then when they found that the oil had coolant in it, they changed their tune. CORPORATE USELESS👎

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 MINI Cooper Countryman in VA is:

$165 per month*