Used 2012 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:

Nothing but problems
By Kristen Schroeder

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2012 Countryman because I loved my Cooper S but needed a little more space. In just 24,000 miles I've had the radio replaced, the computer replaced, the gauges fixed, the water pump replaced, a coolant leak fixed, and a wheel bearing replaced. Now the front wheel makes a spring noise every so often and it scrapes but then stops. Mini says there's nothing wrong but will offer me a fraction of the purchase price to put me into a new POS Mini. For now it's in storage because it's too delicate to actually drive.

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

It's a lemon so improving everything is in order.

2012 Mini Countryman S ALL4
By collin_cooper

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love the car---i bought used as the new price for Mini with options is outrageously high---so I waited and got a used one with everything I wanted for about half the original sticker price. things to know about Mini--the ride is sporty not smooth...bumps hurt sometimes:) The layout is meant to be quirky and not conform the norms of North American standards---if you dont like that then dont buy a Mini They are small cars---yes is a SUVesque vehicle but it is compact--our family of three does great in---but a trip to Costco means one back seat usaually needs to be folded down. Buy it if you love Mini--the brand, the personna ,etc.. if you are iffy do not buy it :)

Favorite Features

every bit of it

Suggested Improvements

centre console bar is a dumbass idea which canèt really be used and gets in the way most of the time

It's a good car the hatch back is way better.
By arthur_b

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I own a Countryman S All 4 Automatic, its a nice car ok to drive. I'm comfortable with the layout of everything on the interior, I like ride the interior noise isn't bad. Adding 500 lbs to a vehicle it seems they would have upped the horse power a little bit. One of my biggest problems is not with the car but BMW. The free service cover brakes and wiper and oil changes. Dont ask the have your tires rotated or road hazard on the expensive run flat tires. So don't get a nail in your run flat because you canjust through that tire out and but a new one. The charge for fuel injector cleaning $250, the charge for wheel alignment $200, for the tire $300.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, I'm 6'1" and it very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Include road hazard on the tires, include tire rotation in the free service, and increase the power output on the motors of the Countryman to match the added weight.

A BLAST
By allinone

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent car! Fun Fun Fun, a cure for the common car! Ours is an All 4 Auto, with panoramic moonroof and harmon Kardon. Unbelievable gas miles, incrediable. Plenty of room! Buy it you will be happy too.

Favorite Features

All of it!, If I had to pick some I would say, driving it, stereo, mood lighting, just to name a few.

Suggested Improvements

Sunvisor needs extentions, and longer arm rest.