2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:
Fun to drive but interior so so
By dipankarc on 07/03/13 19:11 PM (PDT)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun car to drive (not sure why one of the reviewers didn't like it so much) - I think the boost of the turbocharger on the Cooper S is great. I drive a six speed and find changing gears smooth specially between 1 and 2 which to me is the true test of a manual. I used to drive an Accord with a manual and it was a pain to shift (if you can find one these days). I find it a pleasant change from drive a boat of an average mid size car however the looks of a Ford Fusion is tempting. Interior not so great. Bench seat is an option!!

Could Have Been SO Much Better
By so_cali on 07/01/12 15:26 PM (PDT)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I own a 2012 Mini Countryman S AT FWD. Apparently Edmunds doesn't think they make an auto trans as there is no option for choosing one as your model. This car looks SO cool and drives great except for the harshness of the runflat tires. No spare tire and no place for one. No back up camera. Cupholders placement and size are a joke and the whole rail system is silly and causes rattles. Get the three across back seat and avoid the rear rail at least. AC could be better. Navi and almost everything about the interior is pointless in that you need to take a class to learn how everything works and everything is placed where it shouldn't be. A whole lot of counter intuitive design.

Great car
By mike360 on 11/29/11 10:15 AM (PST)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought the 2012 Countryman S with an automatic transmission. This car is really fun to drive - the most fun I've had driving since my 1965 MGB. I love the steering - it's tight and very responsive. Acceleration is fantastic, and the sport mode is awesome. The design of this car is really cool, and it's great having a car that doesn't look like the "cookie cutter" cars out there - they all look pretty much the same. We've only had it for about two months, and it's amazing how many people have asked about the car when we pull into a parking lot. Everyone thinks it's really a neat car. I'm 6'2", and there's plenty of head room and leg room.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon in VA is:

$135 per month*