Used 2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Base Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:

Mini Cooper Owner's Nightmare
By b_chaud_rodz

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman when it came out. I had a Mini Cooper Coupe in 2008, excellent little car, but too small. The first problem, my 2008 gave me 500 miles to a full tank, this one 380 miles. I asked the dealer, he said to drive it for more than 10,000 so the engine can open up and this would change. Not. The second problem, every bump on the road could be felt. I bought more expensive tires, no improvement. Third, it stalls when you initial a drive after a full stop. I use the "Sports" button, this works, but its stays revved, scary to stop. Fourth, windows gets extremely foggy when heat is on. I am returning this car, even if it kills my credit, not my pocket.

Favorite Features

Safety-wise in their brake system, WOW! An excellent feature in this vehicle. I drove this car in a snow storm and I had to stop on the highway. I was certain this car would spin, but this car did not even swerve. Very safe.

Suggested Improvements

Fix all of the problems and stop ignoring as if these problems do not exist.

Can't say I would buy another
By barefooter0_1

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Having owned 2 other Mini's I expected high build quality, great power to weight ratio and above all stellar reliability. What I got is this: so-so performance, a valve train that sounds like a handfull of bolts in a coffee can, and a trip to the dealer 20 miles away in limp home mode. Add in the shrinking/peeling chrome along the belt line and the end caps on same that keep falling off in parking lots, and a 3 day stay in the shop and you have my Mini Countryman. I am attempting to have Mini USA replace the vehicle. It is not what I expected or paid for.

Favorite Features

HK sound, 4 doors, visibility

Suggested Improvements

Build quality