2012 MINI Cooper Countryman Consumer Reviews

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:
Mini Cooper Owner's Nightmare
By b_chaud_rodz on 02/11/15 07:32 AM (PST)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman when it came out. I had a Mini Cooper Coupe in 2008, excellent little car, but too small. The first problem, my 2008 gave me 500 miles to a full tank, this one 380 miles. I asked the dealer, he said to drive it for more than 10,000 so the engine can open up and this would change. Not. The second problem, every bump on the road could be felt. I bought more expensive tires, no improvement. Third, it stalls when you initial a drive after a full stop. I use the "Sports" button, this works, but its stays revved, scary to stop. Fourth, windows gets extremely foggy when heat is on. I am returning this car, even if it kills my credit, not my pocket.

2012 Mini Countryman S ALL4
By collin_cooper on 08/29/14 13:20 PM (PDT)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love the car---i bought used as the new price for Mini with options is outrageously high---so I waited and got a used one with everything I wanted for about half the original sticker price. things to know about Mini--the ride is sporty not smooth...bumps hurt sometimes:) The layout is meant to be quirky and not conform the norms of North American standards---if you dont like that then dont buy a Mini They are small cars---yes is a SUVesque vehicle but it is compact--our family of three does great in---but a trip to Costco means one back seat usaually needs to be folded down. Buy it if you love Mini--the brand, the personna ,etc.. if you are iffy do not buy it :)

It's a good car the hatch back is way better.
By arthur_b on 03/18/14 23:48 PM (PDT)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I own a Countryman S All 4 Automatic, its a nice car ok to drive. I'm comfortable with the layout of everything on the interior, I like ride the interior noise isn't bad. Adding 500 lbs to a vehicle it seems they would have upped the horse power a little bit. One of my biggest problems is not with the car but BMW. The free service cover brakes and wiper and oil changes. Dont ask the have your tires rotated or road hazard on the expensive run flat tires. So don't get a nail in your run flat because you canjust through that tire out and but a new one. The charge for fuel injector cleaning $250, the charge for wheel alignment $200, for the tire $300.

Fun to drive but interior so so
By dipankarc on 07/03/13 19:11 PM (PDT)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun car to drive (not sure why one of the reviewers didn't like it so much) - I think the boost of the turbocharger on the Cooper S is great. I drive a six speed and find changing gears smooth specially between 1 and 2 which to me is the true test of a manual. I used to drive an Accord with a manual and it was a pain to shift (if you can find one these days). I find it a pleasant change from drive a boat of an average mid size car however the looks of a Ford Fusion is tempting. Interior not so great. Bench seat is an option!!

Can't say I would buy another
By barefooter0_1 on 08/26/12 07:23 AM (PDT)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Having owned 2 other Mini's I expected high build quality, great power to weight ratio and above all stellar reliability. What I got is this: so-so performance, a valve train that sounds like a handfull of bolts in a coffee can, and a trip to the dealer 20 miles away in limp home mode. Add in the shrinking/peeling chrome along the belt line and the end caps on same that keep falling off in parking lots, and a 3 day stay in the shop and you have my Mini Countryman. I am attempting to have Mini USA replace the vehicle. It is not what I expected or paid for.

Could Have Been SO Much Better
By so_cali on 07/01/12 15:26 PM (PDT)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I own a 2012 Mini Countryman S AT FWD. Apparently Edmunds doesn't think they make an auto trans as there is no option for choosing one as your model. This car looks SO cool and drives great except for the harshness of the runflat tires. No spare tire and no place for one. No back up camera. Cupholders placement and size are a joke and the whole rail system is silly and causes rattles. Get the three across back seat and avoid the rear rail at least. AC could be better. Navi and almost everything about the interior is pointless in that you need to take a class to learn how everything works and everything is placed where it shouldn't be. A whole lot of counter intuitive design.

Great car
By mike360 on 11/29/11 10:15 AM (PST)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought the 2012 Countryman S with an automatic transmission. This car is really fun to drive - the most fun I've had driving since my 1965 MGB. I love the steering - it's tight and very responsive. Acceleration is fantastic, and the sport mode is awesome. The design of this car is really cool, and it's great having a car that doesn't look like the "cookie cutter" cars out there - they all look pretty much the same. We've only had it for about two months, and it's amazing how many people have asked about the car when we pull into a parking lot. Everyone thinks it's really a neat car. I'm 6'2", and there's plenty of head room and leg room.

A BLAST
By allinone on 08/02/11 10:20 AM (PDT)

2012 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent car! Fun Fun Fun, a cure for the common car! Ours is an All 4 Auto, with panoramic moonroof and harmon Kardon. Unbelievable gas miles, incrediable. Plenty of room! Buy it you will be happy too.