2011 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:
Fun if you like to pay for a toy
By dshafie on 09/15/14 11:46 AM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is an expensive car which should not categorized as a SUV. From a practicality POV don't even bother with this car, it's not practical. The mirror controls and placement of window, Sport Mode, ESP, and door lock buttons are idiotic at best. If you try to operate these toggle switches you better pull over as you will have to take your eyes completely off the road in order to operate them. No matter how you train yourself you can never access them while looking at the road. As far as noise goes, well its just slightly better than driving a convertible. As far as getting jarred over the smallest bump its like driving a old Jeep CJ7. Reliability is a joke. This is a TOY!!

Thoughts after 6 months of ownership
By uscdentist on 02/10/12 21:07 PM (PST)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It started out well as it is a fun car to drive. The legroom for someone over 6 feet is great. The sport mode gives a you a great exhaust note. The 6 speed Getrag transmission is the highlight of the car. The gas mileage as advertised I have not been able to achieve partly because of the way I drive the car. Best achieved MPG was 25. Not bad, not great either. Major complaint is that as good as the steering is, heaven forbid if you hit rut. Once that happens, the car skips and hops which is somewhat disconcerting. Never have lost control, however, some Southern California roads will have an abundance of defects in the roadway which makes you lose confidence in the handling of the car.

Still having issues
By cjrios on 06/16/11 14:29 PM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car since January. It has been in the shop three times with check engine lights. The first was at 2k, the second at 4k and currently it is in the shop at 7k. I have been told the parts are coming from Europe so it will take from 5-10 days to get the necessary parts. I am so frustrated. If you want a reliable car don't get this one.

Zoom Zoom
By jkglx on 05/03/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the Countryman S approx. 2 weeks ago, and have put approx 1000 miles on it with no issues so far. This is a sporty little vehicle, that handles like a go-kart, with peppy get up and go. It is super easy to park, and great for manuvering around the city. It is well thought out, and the interior is spacious for the vehicle's size. This is not the vehicle to own if you like a cushy ride. The ride is stiff, and should be for this type of car.

Great Car!
By richw1 on 04/25/11 12:05 PM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have 2K on the Countryman S so far. It is very roomy (I am 6'6"), a lot of fun to drive, and not one issue so far. I am a certified "car guy" and I love the Countrymany! I traded a 2002 5-series because I needed more space, and the Countryman definitely delivers that plus handling, performance, and reliability so far. Buy this car!

Mini Countryman S
By cjrios on 04/13/11 10:22 AM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wish I would have never bought this car. I bought it in Jan and it has already been in the shop twice. They keep having to replace the thermostat caging. That is not the worse of it. The front cup holders have some plastic spikes to keep cups in place and if you use a styrofoam cup it punctures it causing the liquid to spill out and drain into the shifter cables. This in turn causes the shifter to get stuck. The dealer and Mini USA told I was responsible for this even thought they designed those cupholders. It cost me $900.00. Those of you that have this car will eventually encounter this problem. Get ready to pay!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon in VA is:

$134 per month*