2011 MINI Cooper Countryman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:
Fun Car!
By weeone2 on 02/23/12 12:27 PM (PST)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Countryman in Sept and have been very pleased with it's performance. I have some extras on it which I didn't intend to get when I first started looking but I'm happy with my decision! The moon roof, heated seats, and premium sound system are well worth the extra cost for the enjoyment that they deliver. The interior is well designed and spacious for the size. I find it to be the most fun to drive! I hope for continued reliability and joy driving this car as I have been a Toyota/Honda owner prior to this car purchase.

Thoughts after 6 months of ownership
By uscdentist on 02/10/12 21:07 PM (PST)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It started out well as it is a fun car to drive. The legroom for someone over 6 feet is great. The sport mode gives a you a great exhaust note. The 6 speed Getrag transmission is the highlight of the car. The gas mileage as advertised I have not been able to achieve partly because of the way I drive the car. Best achieved MPG was 25. Not bad, not great either. Major complaint is that as good as the steering is, heaven forbid if you hit rut. Once that happens, the car skips and hops which is somewhat disconcerting. Never have lost control, however, some Southern California roads will have an abundance of defects in the roadway which makes you lose confidence in the handling of the car.

ALL4 What?
By jbmini on 01/31/12 16:05 PM (PST)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love our Mini...when it's running! We bought it in June and it's been in the shop 3 times. Two weeks after our purchase, the trim peeled off below the windows. It took 3 weeks to arrive from Europe. Trim peeled off again 2 months later, trim on backorder. Our second issue was an engine light at 10K miles. The thermostat was out, re-placed. Third issue, at 14K miles, the car would not start. Had it towed to dealer. "DME error?" The car is still in the shop day 8. Said the "main communication circuit board" is bad, they think? Took 5 days to arrive from Europe. Still not sure if a new circuit board has fixed it, more to follow. Will hopefully get warranty extended. I love it when I have it.

Fustrated with my Mini
By miniweenie on 07/03/11 09:14 AM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my mini since February and even before I made my first payment in April the fuel pump went out. I had ran out of gas with a quarter tank left in the tank. Had to wait a month since the part was not avaiable and they had to get it from Europe. They finally got it fixed and the car was working great till I ran out of gas again! They replaced the fuel pump again and also the water pump. They say that they are working out the kinks on this new model but give me a break. Shouldn't they do that before they start selling to the consumers? Can't wait to get rid of it

Still having issues
By cjrios on 06/16/11 14:29 PM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car since January. It has been in the shop three times with check engine lights. The first was at 2k, the second at 4k and currently it is in the shop at 7k. I have been told the parts are coming from Europe so it will take from 5-10 days to get the necessary parts. I am so frustrated. If you want a reliable car don't get this one.

Zoom Zoom
By jkglx on 05/03/11 07:26 AM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the Countryman S approx. 2 weeks ago, and have put approx 1000 miles on it with no issues so far. This is a sporty little vehicle, that handles like a go-kart, with peppy get up and go. It is super easy to park, and great for manuvering around the city. It is well thought out, and the interior is spacious for the vehicle's size. This is not the vehicle to own if you like a cushy ride. The ride is stiff, and should be for this type of car.

Great Car!
By richw1 on 04/25/11 12:05 PM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have 2K on the Countryman S so far. It is very roomy (I am 6'6"), a lot of fun to drive, and not one issue so far. I am a certified "car guy" and I love the Countrymany! I traded a 2002 5-series because I needed more space, and the Countryman definitely delivers that plus handling, performance, and reliability so far. Buy this car!

All4Fun
By all4fun on 04/22/11 06:16 AM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My All4 Countryman is my fourth SUV if you really can call it that. It's really a 4-door Mini that has all wheel drive. This isn't your father's SUV, and it isn't really suitable for "off-road" vaunts of a SUV. What the Countryman is is a 4-door sports car - a rally car really - with all wheel drive. And, the all wheel drive only kicks in when it is needed, it isn't full time 4 wheel drive and it cannot be manually controlled by the driver. This car will likely not appeal to those looking for a classic SUV. But those of you who want a smaller, sportier vehicle that is built for the driver - and is an absolute BLAST to drive, this is the car for you.

Countryman all 4 Automatic
By vianos on 04/15/11 12:01 PM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I drove this car during the blizzard at 70 Mph and never felt so secure. The car is driving very well in all weather conditions and feels very stable at any speed

Mini Countryman S
By cjrios on 04/13/11 10:22 AM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Countryman S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wish I would have never bought this car. I bought it in Jan and it has already been in the shop twice. They keep having to replace the thermostat caging. That is not the worse of it. The front cup holders have some plastic spikes to keep cups in place and if you use a styrofoam cup it punctures it causing the liquid to spill out and drain into the shifter cables. This in turn causes the shifter to get stuck. The dealer and Mini USA told I was responsible for this even thought they designed those cupholders. It cost me $900.00. Those of you that have this car will eventually encounter this problem. Get ready to pay!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 MINI Cooper Countryman in WA is:

$157 per month*