2011 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:
Beware - Mini is a cool car, but breaks constantly
By realreview on 02/01/12 19:15 PM (PST)

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I own a 2011 Mini Clubman S. After 12 months of use I've concluded that the build quality and engineering design of the Mini Clubman is poor. The fuel pump broke driving off the lot, the airbag system has been repaired 3 separate times, the water pump failed, an oil pump solenoid leaked and has been replaced twice, and the rear cargo 12v outlet came apart. The runflat front tires needed replacement at 12,000 miles (told by dealer this is "normal", which of course is silly), and now there is a recall on the electric coolant pump for the turbo (can cause engine fire). Car developed rattles within the first month, and I can still barely use the radio as the controls are so poorly designed.

The Best & Biggest MINI we've owned yet!
By graciemerc1735 on 09/09/11 21:46 PM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

We have owned several MINI's, pretty much every model. They were All- fun, quick, and reasonably priced/ reasonably economical to own. Our MINI Clubman,(leased), automatic trannie, AC, cruise, & bluetooth gets 41.6 MPG at a steady 72- 75 MPH, The 3rd door is convenient and allows either passenger or pet easy access to the rear seat. We have used it to carry over 30 bags (40#)of dirt for our garden or to take our 3 pets and half our household to our vacation home for the summer. The Clubman holds it all and still leaves us room in the front seats to drive comfortably for 950 miles. We love, love, love it!

We bought a Brand new 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman LEMON
By sadminiowner on 06/24/11 13:20 PM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

dealership sold us a brand new car with a cracked rim. Gave us the cracked rim back when they said it was a new one ...not impressed whoever assembled the car, didn't hook up the sunroof drains, thus effectively frying all of the electrical parts. I have a picture of a 'crying' airbag. really overall not impressed with the customer service of the dealership, the ONLY Mini dealership in Calgary Alberta Canada

Excels at many things
By russmike on 05/21/11 12:02 PM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned the car for a week now - ~350 miles. Achieved 29.5 mpg on the first tank, in mixed city/highway driving (a good bit of idling in traffic), and the current tank is at 36 mpg for highway and some errands. Great power, even though I'm still breaking it in, and the steering is immediate. Good steering feel, too, the car magazines are wrong on that count. Great stereo (Harmon Kardon/Sirius XM), and very comfortable driving position (I'm 6'1", 230lbs.). I'm going to keep my Lexus LS, but probably drive this a whole lot more.

More for the money than expected
By miniman7 on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Looking for a car that would seat four adults, but still be a "sports car" narrowed the choices real quick. We looked at competing small cars, but they simply did not come close to looking, driving or performing like the Mini. The base-engined Clubman with the 6-speed is more than adequate for civil driving and has enough punch when we want to get "sporty." The power is tractable and predictable. High-speed driving is effortless, as the engine creates good mid-range torque. Wind does not affect handling or power. Interior comfort is very good, too. The car draws good comments and everyone that rides in it finds that it is more than it appears, as in power, comfort, features, quality, etc.

Love it!
By Fred Derf on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We ordered our 2011 Chili Red Clubman S with black roof Labor Day weekend, and picked it up from the dealer just one month later. After 20+ years of station wagons and minivans, my wife is in love with her new baby, and I have to admit I'm jealous. We got the manual trans, which shifts like butter. This car is super fun to drive, takes off like a rocket, and is a real head-turner. I highly recommend the experience.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback in VA is:

$129 per month*