Used 2011 MINI Cooper Clubman Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:

2011 clubman, 85,000
By mike kirner

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is really fun to drive, i have the manual turbo and it moves. great handling. sucks in the snow. i keep the rear seats down and put a floor-mat over it for my two goldens. I'm 6'1", 250 and have plenty of room in the front two seats, a lot tighter in the rear.

Favorite Features

6 speed manual/ turbo. harmon kardon stereo

Suggested Improvements

more power outlets

Beware - Mini is a cool car, but breaks constantly
By realreview

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I own a 2011 Mini Clubman S. After 12 months of use I've concluded that the build quality and engineering design of the Mini Clubman is poor. The fuel pump broke driving off the lot, the airbag system has been repaired 3 separate times, the water pump failed, an oil pump solenoid leaked and has been replaced twice, and the rear cargo 12v outlet came apart. The runflat front tires needed replacement at 12,000 miles (told by dealer this is "normal", which of course is silly), and now there is a recall on the electric coolant pump for the turbo (can cause engine fire). Car developed rattles within the first month, and I can still barely use the radio as the controls are so poorly designed.

Favorite Features

My wife loves the Mini, even though it's constantly in the shop. The styling and size is perfect for her, and she loved the way she could order and customize it from the dealer and track its shipment over the Atlantic. With the S package and the high end wheels, the car looks pretty good. The power of the turbo engine is very adequate, and the performance/handling of the car is very good. My daughter and her teenager friends love the style of the car. Basically, the Mini is all style and nothing more.

Suggested Improvements

Build reliability into your vehicles, specifically the ancillary engine systems - your engineers should be embarrassed over the poor reliability. Come on, you can have a cool radio interface and make it usable as well.

The Best & Biggest MINI we've owned yet!
By graciemerc1735

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

We have owned several MINI's, pretty much every model. They were All- fun, quick, and reasonably priced/ reasonably economical to own. Our MINI Clubman,(leased), automatic trannie, AC, cruise, & bluetooth gets 41.6 MPG at a steady 72- 75 MPH, The 3rd door is convenient and allows either passenger or pet easy access to the rear seat. We have used it to carry over 30 bags (40#)of dirt for our garden or to take our 3 pets and half our household to our vacation home for the summer. The Clubman holds it all and still leaves us room in the front seats to drive comfortably for 950 miles. We love, love, love it!

Favorite Features

1. 41-42 MPG highway! (albeit 93 octane) 2. Double rear (barndoor-style) doors 3. "secret" storage area under rear platform 4. "secret" storage area in dashboard 5. 3rd door on the passenger side 6. 32-36 mpg around town

Suggested Improvements

1. key shape, function buttons, 2. arrangement of stereo knobs & buttons 3. longer thigh support in sport seat 4. steering wheel is too thick for small hands

We bought a Brand new 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman LEMON
By sadminiowner

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

dealership sold us a brand new car with a cracked rim. Gave us the cracked rim back when they said it was a new one ...not impressed whoever assembled the car, didn't hook up the sunroof drains, thus effectively frying all of the electrical parts. I have a picture of a 'crying' airbag. really overall not impressed with the customer service of the dealership, the ONLY Mini dealership in Calgary Alberta Canada

Favorite Features

heated seats heated side mirrors cuteness fuel milage

Excels at many things
By russmike

2011 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned the car for a week now - ~350 miles. Achieved 29.5 mpg on the first tank, in mixed city/highway driving (a good bit of idling in traffic), and the current tank is at 36 mpg for highway and some errands. Great power, even though I'm still breaking it in, and the steering is immediate. Good steering feel, too, the car magazines are wrong on that count. Great stereo (Harmon Kardon/Sirius XM), and very comfortable driving position (I'm 6'1", 230lbs.). I'm going to keep my Lexus LS, but probably drive this a whole lot more.

Favorite Features

Content level, looks, economy, and the key fob is the coolest!

Suggested Improvements

cup holders aren't perfectly placed, other than that-absolutely no complaints.