Used 2010 MINI Cooper Clubman Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mini Cooper-clubman - Consumer Reviews

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:

MINI (Many Improvements Needed Immediately)!
By hmac8

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I loved my fire engine red, 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman until it started to have numerous mechanical issues, (i.e. timing chain, brakes, battery, and spark plugs causing the cylinders to miss fire). Additionally, I had to purchase new tires within two months of buying the car only 25k on it, and had to fix the driver's side and sunroof's window seals. I did not expect nor anticipate the cost to repair all of the issues, (around $4000). By the time it hit 42K, I had to fix all of these things. I am so over it, and most of these things should not have gone out! Very disappointed in Mini at the exuberant amounts they charge for parts and labor. Not a reliable vehicle at all! :-(

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Satellite Radio, Heated Seats, Fuel Efficiency, and Sporty features.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability! This was a huge disappointment with my purchase. I understand the cost of routine maintenance, but my experience was beyond the norm.

Sweet little car.
By miamioolite

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman John Cooper Works 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about two years now. It is my daily driver about 28 miles to and from work. I have owned a lot of cars. This one is a Gem. It is well built (BMW), Fast, really fast. It handles really well. The Brembo Brakes on the JCW are really good. Stops the car instantly, helps with great handling through the curves. Nothing has gone wrong on the car yet, just regular maintenance. It handles like a sports car so the ride may be stiff for some people. Bottom line: I don't want to get out of it. It is far too much fun to drive. The base stereo is not bad either!

Favorite Features

Engine. Transmission. Handling. and the seats are comfortable for me. Add the fact that with the seats folded down it has quite a bit of cargo room.

Suggested Improvements

A short throw shifter would be nice. I'm not a big fan of the run-flat tires, a spare with normal tires would be nice. Otherwise. Outstanding job MINI!

I have a Love/Hate relationship with my Mini
By spcrngr

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been driving my first Mini for a year now and have a love/hate relationship with it. First the Love: Yes, it is a blast to drive (and park ), it has the best seat heaters on the planet, and the milage/fun can't be beat ! Now for the Hate: Some of the controls are just plain maddening, the rearview mirror and the barn doors create the worst blind spots ever. Overall I love the car, a year later and I still smile every time I get behind the wheel, but I wish Mini would not be quite so quirky with those controlls, it's just maddening. Fun car to drive, and still get 30 MPG ave, sure you could get more driving a Prius, but if you want to drive a car with personality ...

Favorite Features

Seat heaters, sport button

Suggested Improvements

While that giant speedo might be a design element it along with a stereo system that cannot be replaced is useless. Perhaps a sound system that can be changed and some usefull gauges would be nice.

Love My Mini/ Beemer Clubman
By rich

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

If you have ever wanted a car that is a blast to drive, gets great gas mileage and has a high resale value this is the car for you. If a BMW 328i and a Honda Fit had a child this would be it. I am 6'5" 230 lbs. and this car has more interior space than my BMW. My Clubman is great for mountain biking, kayaking, surfing and has room for my home depot trips. I would highly recommend this car. Love My Mini!

Favorite Features

10 Speaker 480 Watt Sound System, Fun to Drive, Fit and Finish, Gas Mileage (42 MPG highway)

Suggested Improvements

None

Just Love It
By WSpivak

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I'm a big guy and everyone said "You fit in a Mini?" Well not only do I fit, but took it on a 4.5 hour drive and was very comfortable. Everyone who has sat in the front seat has the same opine. With 45 mph on hwy, and 22 mph around town, how can I go wrong (I have the 6 speed manual transmission). Some of the design features are strange, but I don't have a single complaint (except you can't buy windshield wiper blades aftermarket). Go MINI!

Favorite Features

I should have bought (but $500 is too much) the bluetooth package.

Suggested Improvements

The GPS system is terrible (in another car that I use). It needs to be scrapped and re-thought.