2010 MINI Cooper Clubman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:
Sweet little car.
By miamioolite on 12/03/13 06:40 AM (PST)

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman John Cooper Works 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about two years now. It is my daily driver about 28 miles to and from work. I have owned a lot of cars. This one is a Gem. It is well built (BMW), Fast, really fast. It handles really well. The Brembo Brakes on the JCW are really good. Stops the car instantly, helps with great handling through the curves. Nothing has gone wrong on the car yet, just regular maintenance. It handles like a sports car so the ride may be stiff for some people. Bottom line: I don't want to get out of it. It is far too much fun to drive. The base stereo is not bad either!

I have a Love/Hate relationship with my Mini
By spcrngr on 12/28/10 18:18 PM (PST)

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been driving my first Mini for a year now and have a love/hate relationship with it. First the Love: Yes, it is a blast to drive (and park ), it has the best seat heaters on the planet, and the milage/fun can't be beat ! Now for the Hate: Some of the controls are just plain maddening, the rearview mirror and the barn doors create the worst blind spots ever. Overall I love the car, a year later and I still smile every time I get behind the wheel, but I wish Mini would not be quite so quirky with those controlls, it's just maddening. Fun car to drive, and still get 30 MPG ave, sure you could get more driving a Prius, but if you want to drive a car with personality ...

Love My Mini/ Beemer Clubman
By rich on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

If you have ever wanted a car that is a blast to drive, gets great gas mileage and has a high resale value this is the car for you. If a BMW 328i and a Honda Fit had a child this would be it. I am 6'5" 230 lbs. and this car has more interior space than my BMW. My Clubman is great for mountain biking, kayaking, surfing and has room for my home depot trips. I would highly recommend this car. Love My Mini!

Just Love It
By WSpivak on 08/26/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I'm a big guy and everyone said "You fit in a Mini?" Well not only do I fit, but took it on a 4.5 hour drive and was very comfortable. Everyone who has sat in the front seat has the same opine. With 45 mph on hwy, and 22 mph around town, how can I go wrong (I have the 6 speed manual transmission). Some of the design features are strange, but I don't have a single complaint (except you can't buy windshield wiper blades aftermarket). Go MINI!

Runs like a Deer
By JetBlue on 08/06/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This vehicle is just plain fun the drive. Traded a G35 and wrongly thought I'd miss the performance. The rear, with seats down, is larger the many bigger cars trunks. There are 2 levels of storage under the floor in the rear. The barn doors are easy to use and better then a swing up door in tight places. Parking is a breeze. I now have about 4 more feet of usable space in my garage. The back seats lack leg room but are very comfortable with the front seats moved a bit forward. The roof rack system will carry just about anything I can think of and is much easier to reach then a SUV. This is a well thought out vehicle with lots to offer regardless of its size or any size.

2010 Clubman S
By SuperCritic on 06/30/10 17:44 PM (PDT)

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first mini after a 3 years love affair with a BMW 328i but gas is expensive and I either would have purchased a VW Golf or a Mini. So far so good. It is surprisingly fast and as expected good on gas. The moonroof is great but I miss being able to avoid the sun completely. It corners real well. It takes a while before the GIANT speedometer grows on you. But, you will get over it. It is basically a 4 cyl BMW 3 series. If reliability is not an issue over the years, then it is a great car by all means. The HK audio has too much base. It is tight inside but cozy and snug.

Fun and Practical
By beemerhead on 06/05/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned 2 Mini's in the past so I knew what I was getting into when I shopped for a Clubman S. Space is wonderful for a Mini. Be real. No one cross shops a Suburban and Mini. I have taken two road trips in my Mini and I love every moment in it. It had way more than enough power in the Col. mts, yet good fuel economy (36 hwy, 26 city). I had 2 adults with about 4 duffel bags, all of which stowed nicely in the rear. The car is quick, amazingly fun to drive, looks cool and is comfortable. Negatives are small cup holders , but way better than the past. Controls are switches like a plane but I like that. If you're attracted to a Mini. Just go get one and let the fun begin! Join a club, too!

New Mini
By Jerry Casper on 03/21/10 11:07 AM (PDT)

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is my first Mini and I have really enjoyed it so far. The Clubman version offers just the right amount of extra space for me. I am an avid bowler and can easily fit two two-ball bags in the back without lowering the seats. The extra space in the rear seating area is perfect for the grand kids and occasional adult. In general the interior is comfortable but there are few quirks. I don't like the placement of the power window controls which are right in back of the cup holders. With cups in the holders you can't reach the controls. All in all a great little car with good pep and super economy: Averaging 28+ mpg in city driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 MINI Cooper Clubman in VA is:

$142 per month*