Used 2010 MINI Cooper Clubman Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:

Buyer Beware
By KEN

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Got a used 2010 clubman. 65,000 miles on it. After 3 months engine develops a vacume leak. After my mechanic examined the engine, I see plastic parts attached to the engine??? Exhaust manifold had a stripped screw that was glued back in place??? $485 for a new plastic exhaust manifold. I was told BMW's have plastic parts as well. I go to wash the car and find a crack in the windshield that started on the top edge?? Dealer wants $800+ to replace. Found a mobile windshield company to replace for $230. Will sell when it reaches 85,000 miles. No more German cars for me.

Mini sold
By Tim Jordan

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Get the upgraded interior and seats for comfort.

I get "cute" alot
By Mike Greathouse

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

No, it's sporty, handsome, or sexy. It is a speedy little ride... fun and gokart like, as you have read. It is eager, whip it into a parking spot or into the next lane. Wayyy more acceleration than you expect from a 4cyl. Automatic Transmission on mine. Short drive to work with lots of stops, still getting 25 mpg. Split rear seats, awesome sound, great quirky designs inside and out, bluetooth, sunroof/moon roof, barn door back doors. I'm not a seller, just liking my used Cooper Clubman.

MINI (Many Improvements Needed Immediately)!
By hmac8

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I loved my fire engine red, 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman until it started to have numerous mechanical issues, (i.e. timing chain, brakes, battery, and spark plugs causing the cylinders to miss fire). Additionally, I had to purchase new tires within two months of buying the car only 25k on it, and had to fix the driver's side and sunroof's window seals. I did not expect nor anticipate the cost to repair all of the issues, (around $4000). By the time it hit 42K, I had to fix all of these things. I am so over it, and most of these things should not have gone out! Very disappointed in Mini at the exuberant amounts they charge for parts and labor. Not a reliable vehicle at all! :-(

Bluetooth, Satellite Radio, Heated Seats, Fuel Efficiency, and Sporty features.

Reliability! This was a huge disappointment with my purchase. I understand the cost of routine maintenance, but my experience was beyond the norm.

Sweet little car.
By miamioolite

2010 MINI Cooper Clubman John Cooper Works 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about two years now. It is my daily driver about 28 miles to and from work.
I have owned a lot of cars. This one is a Gem. It is well built (BMW), Fast, really fast.
It handles really well. The Brembo Brakes on the JCW are really good. Stops the car instantly, helps with great handling through the curves.
Nothing has gone wrong on the car yet, just regular maintenance.
It handles like a sports car so the ride may be stiff for some people.
Bottom line: I don't want to get out of it.
It is far too much fun to drive.
The base stereo is not bad either!

Engine. Transmission. Handling. and the seats are comfortable for me. Add the fact that with the seats folded down it has quite a bit of cargo room.

A short throw shifter would be nice. I'm not a big fan of the run-flat tires, a spare with normal tires would be nice. Otherwise. Outstanding job MINI!