2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Consumer Review: Best car I've owned

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - Consumer Review

Best car I've owned
By nko1a on

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman John Cooper Works 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great little car. It's really quick, stops on a dime, and corners like it's on rails all while getting over 30mpg! It's a absolute blast to drive. I love that it's factory tuned to backfire... There's nothing like hearing a pop and having flames shoot out of the tailpipe while shifting! This car has a great exhaust note and lots of low end grunt for a low displacement engine. Not only is it fast, fun, and efficient, but it's also quite practical. It's a small car, don't get me wrong, but It's surprisingly spacious inside. With the back seats down it has great storage space. With the back seats up I can fit 2 adults semi-comfortably back there.

Favorite Features

You can't drive this car in sport mode without an ear-to-ear grin. I've tried... Impossible. I have almost 50,000 miles on this car and have had no major issues. Insurance considers this car a wagon instead of a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

The CD player always restarts the last played track, which is really annoying if you listen to single track DJ sets. The stereo layout stinks.