2009 MINI Cooper Clubman 1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - A lot of fun and

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - Consumer Review

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

A lot of fun and great drive
By Andy on

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the second Mini I currently own. My wife took the first (a 2007 cooper base) after falling in love with it. We took the Clubman on a 2500 mile vacation trip (a bit hesitantly since there aren`t that many dealerships cross country) after purchase and it performed flawlessly. Loved driving every mile! The service at the dealership is awesome and their customer service is one reason why I purchased another mini. I gotta admit, I do like the clubman better than the mini...feels more stable. And the turbo is exceptional. When the Mini 4 wheel drive debuts in 2010, we`re gonna look at that. Overall, the mini is a great riding, handling vehicle. Love the shifting with the 6 speed.

Favorite Features

The handling and power are great. I have the cloth seats in the Clubman which are very comfortable with me being 6 feet tall and about 200 lbs. No problem with driving the 2500 miles. Aside from the usual features, I really like the brake/clutch feature..not letting the car roll until clutch is up

Suggested Improvements

The cargo carpet material is junk. Scratches very easily. Headliner material is junk too. If the car has water on it and the windows are down, it drips right inside on passengers.