2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback Consumer Reviews 2

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:
Love my new Clubbie!
By Wayne J on 09/20/09 13:00 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Ride is much better than I had heard. Plenty of room for my 6'1" frame. I got one of the last 2009's off the lot because of the great end-of-year financing. I'd love to custom build my next MINI, though - the options seem endless. Originally wanted an S hardtop with 6-speed manual, but I'm glad I got the Clubman with automatic. I drive around with the sport mode on most of the time. I'm 61 years old, and don't remember enjoying driving this much since I was 16.

Better than I ever expected
By Love this car on 09/08/09 09:53 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

People told me that it would be fun to drive but it exceeds all expectations. I love getting in the car every single day - driving has never been so much fun. Great handling, fast and gas mileage! I get (average between city & highway) 41 MPG (the online computer says I get 43 but I do the math and it's comes out to 41.2). We regularly use this as the family car because my kids love to ride in it - fit 4 people and 15 bags of groceries just fine.

A lot of fun and great drive
By Andy on 08/23/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the second Mini I currently own. My wife took the first (a 2007 cooper base) after falling in love with it. We took the Clubman on a 2500 mile vacation trip (a bit hesitantly since there aren`t that many dealerships cross country) after purchase and it performed flawlessly. Loved driving every mile! The service at the dealership is awesome and their customer service is one reason why I purchased another mini. I gotta admit, I do like the clubman better than the mini...feels more stable. And the turbo is exceptional. When the Mini 4 wheel drive debuts in 2010, we`re gonna look at that. Overall, the mini is a great riding, handling vehicle. Love the shifting with the 6 speed.

New To Mini's
By Mini Me on 08/16/09 22:34 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this Mini, I got it in Hot Choc color, and lounge leather lounge leather interior,with cream accents. So far I don't have any complaints, and don't expect I will either. The barn doors make loading a breeze. I have liked mini's for a while but they were just not practical until now, I love the extra space, and once the seats are folded down its surprising how much you can get in there!! The ride is alot smoother than the regular cooper. Does not quite corner as a regular cooper, but I'm not a race car driver either.

Quirkey type of fun
By Ashley on 08/16/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car when gas was pushing $4.50 and quickly learned to forget about the gas crisis. I generally get 430 miles to a 13 gallon tank before I start looking to fill up. In slower traffic, stop and go, it can get a bit punchy. That being said, it is the most fun I have had driving a car. I haven't had any real problems with the size of the car, it fits anywhere and with the clubman's back doors, everything fits. The clubman S has a lot of power and when I'm not paying attention it surprises me still. I get quite a bit of attention in parking lots as people always are scrunching their eyebrows coming over to look at it. Learn to keep it clean b/c of all peeks in the windows.

AMAZING!!!
By dodo on 08/13/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my mini clubman!!! When I went to the dealer to buy the cooper I quickly realized the space in that car was going to become an issue in the future. I opted for the clubman for that reason and boy am I glad I did! It still is really fun to drive and the extra space is really a bonus!!

Change is Good
By GoClyde on 08/07/09 07:36 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When fuel was at $4 plus and I was driving a big GMC Denali something felt wrong. I began looking for a fuel efficient car that was fun to drive but also provided the utilitarian features of my truck. I found it in the Mini Clubman. Outfitted with a roof rack system from Mini this car has taken all I can dish out. Mountain biking, road biking, camping and hauling hockey equipment back and forth to the ice rink has not slowed down this car. In the sport mode the umph is exciting and shifting the gears is fun. On long trips with three people the car is still enjoyable. A fourth makes it seem a bit cramped. At 6'2" I'm quite comfortable driving this car that makes heads turn.

You Will Love It!
By geezer on 07/30/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Fantastic car, runs best on premium gas though, this is a fun hi- performance car for reasonable money , has a 3 year full maintenance package included, and the final and 4th year warranty covers all the major components.... look this car is fun, fun, fun! Great around town, sharp and powerful on the highway sips gas, feels very well built, has a 5 star crash rating, club door works well, reasonable rear seat room for adults, no really!! Looks sharp, has all the latest technology, good brakes, good visibility, nice feel to the controls. I highly recommend this stretched MINI cooper s clubman.

I'm Happy
By Tim on 07/21/09 08:54 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in an F150 Pickup so this was a big change for me. No regrets. With the rear seats down, I can get 2 guitars and a bunch of other stuff in it so what's not to like there? Real adults can ride in the back. Wouldn't recommend that across country but around town, not too bad. I wish I could get the high 30's MPG that others are reporting, however, 30.8 average for 8K of all kinds of driving is not bad.

MY THIRD MINI
By DavidBerndt on 06/29/09 18:05 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Clubman Hatchback S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My lease was up on my 2006 JCW Royal Gray Cooper S with 38,000 miles. I was a little apprehensive about the change from a supercharged 210 HP to turbo charged 178 HP engine but not believe there is not much difference other than saving $7K for the JCW upgrade. The new 2009 Clubman S arrived 8 weeks after ordering and it much better than I expected.