2008 MINI Cooper Clubman Consumer Review: Mini Van Replacement Clubman 6

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Mini Van Replacement Clubman 6 spd.
By wayne on

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The kids are driving themselves and the family minivan was getting old. When gas hit $4/gal I wanted to drive something with better gas mileage. We have a Camry Hybrid which is fuel efficent and boring. I wanted something more fun and the Prius wasn't going to cut it. Once I drove the Clubman I decided it had the size I needed and the fuel mileage and fun factor I wanted. I'm getting 36 mpg overall and 42 on the highway. Probably should of bought the "S" model but I wanted gas mileage. I had I known gas would be cheap again I would of bought the "S" Model.

Handling is great. Great looking car and with the rear barn doors has good storage/truck capacity. Back seats are big enough for normal sized passengers. Quality feel to the car inside and out.

Radio controls are confusing. The wiper speed controls are lacking fine speed control especially during light rain. Front rotors soil the alloy wheels. Sixth gear could be a little higher to lower the revs at highway speeds. Speedometer reads nearly 10% high which is a known Mini problem.