Used 2008 MINI Cooper Clubman Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:

Hunt Club...man
By Mark

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had pickups of various sizes and even really enjoyed the Toyota FJ, but when I was putting a tank of fuel a day through it, I had to make a change. With the flat rear deck, I can get two dog kennels gear and hunting buddy in it, and hunt all day on peanuts. The ground clearance, ride and slippery conditions limit its access, but it sure is great to get around in. Actually got a 1000kms to a tank once.

Lounge leather seats that I would like to remove and keep for every vehicle I own next. Keyless entry and start. 10 speaker Stereo.

Radio and climate controls are poorly layed out. Rattles too much on gravel roads with dust coming in. Window washers are too course and waste fluid. Rear suspension gets overwhelmed far too easily.

Great S
By S Clubman

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The steering is direct, suspension is stiff, road and engine noise is evident in the cabin, not a smooth ride -- absolutely the best car I have ever driven! I went from a Pathfinder to a Mercedes C to a Clubman and it does not dissapoint. It comfortably fits a car seat for my daughter at the back with one other person. It handles snow really well in Toronto even with stock run-flats. Road feel is great just the way a performance car should be. If you don't want road/engine noise and want a soft ride, go get a camry. But if you want a reasonably priced, fun-to-drive, dare I say it, practical car, the Clubman's for you.

Dual sunroofs give the cabin a airy feel, handling, fuel economy, sound of the turbo even at low rpms

Only comes with perforated sun roof shades and material seems cheap, armrest should be standard

Lady in Red
By Lady in Red

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Love everything about the car from the inside-out. Pickup on steep hills could be better. Navigation is great and looks so much nicer than the standard speedometer and the back-up camera for me was a must. The upgraded stereo system sounds great. Felt the sunroofs weren't dark enough so I bought 4 tinted window spots from Axist (2 in front & 2 in rear) and now they're tinted the way I like them, from a person who suffers from skin cancer.

Being able to customize the interior color scheme (red & black) to match the exterior. Everyone comments on the sporty look with the chrome foglights and black sport stripes. My neighbor says it suits me. Love the 31.6 mpg with plus gas - beats my BMW 330XI that got 20.9 mpg.

Better pick-up on steep hills would be nice. Not having to pay $250 for an armrest (has very little storage), nobody else charges for one. Having a solid material shade besides the mesh sunscreen shade on the sunroofs I think is very important, especially with skin cancer on the rise.

Great Car
By davidscar

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Moved away from European to Japanese now back to Cooper. Great Car! Really have trouble keeping it at legal speed. Getting ready for first trip, 600 miles, can't wait. Traded in a Miata for this, don't regret it at all.

One button to open windows and sunroof. A/C works great. All controls are simple to use.

Would be great if it had better back up lights. Only one doesn't quite do it.

Great Car
By J

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Mini does it right. A gas sipper that is actually fun to drive! On top of that the Clubman is stylish. Great to drive, top of the line brakes, head turner, good safety features, great gas mileage, highest resale value, best warranty by far. What else do you need to know...excellent options available altough at a cost. You can truly make the car feel as though it suits exactly you.

Gas mileage, character, interior design being unique, warranty.

XM instead of Sirius?