2008 MINI Cooper Clubman Consumer Reviews 3

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:
Clubman is bliss. Bring on the Crossman!
By clubbN on 06/03/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Absolute joy to drive, in fact right after I bought it from the dealership and literally the first trip on the freeway- I got to test out the handling right away in order to dodge the remnants of a tire blowout on the freeway. Car handles tight and has nice "giddy-up". I would strongly recommend this car. I looked at all others in its class and this one really is in one all by itself. The ride is quiet too, now I just need to get it back from my wife. Overall it is a very well thought out and detailed oriented car. I look forward to driving it.

Love the Clubman S
By MINI OWNER FOR LIFE on 05/23/08 15:41 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I went from my fun 2003 Cooper S to what feels like a luxury car! Hot chocolate with heated leather seats and wood finishes. It is so beautiful inside I just want to drive around all day. The extra room in the back is great and the rear barn doors get a lot of attention. This car is fully loaded and I get so many people stopping me it is incredible. I've been getting 26 mpg in Los Angeles traffic. (I have an automatic and prefer to drive in sport mode.) If I was a more conservative driver the mpg would be higher.

Clubman S Lot of Fun
By Louis721 on 05/19/08 09:48 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 06 Mini Cooper S for a Clubman S because I had a baby. Now the whole family can ride in the car together even with a rear facing car seat. The car is a lot of fun to drive. Great on handling. Also getting 29mpg can't beat that. No compliants at all. Best car I have owned.

COOP: the Cooper Clubman!
By satchumo on 05/15/08 07:40 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the sweetest car I've ever driven. I can honestly say that I don't know if I'll buy another car unless it's a MINI. It's one thing if I need a truck though. This car is fun to drive and you always get looks from people as you drive through the parking lot or are out on the highway. Windows rolled down almost always because people ask what is that you're driving. Has lots of room. I'm 6'7" and I have no trouble fitting in the tiny little car. It seems very safe as swell with the inside of the car acting like a bubble pillow if they go off because there are so many air bags. Traded in a Pontiac Aztek for the Cooper. Would do it again if I had to!

So glad to have chosen a MINI Clubman
By SL on 05/12/08 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Love the look, the space, the performance, everything about it. Just very happy with my choice. Fun to drive, many amenities. Go get one.

Fastest Go-Kart on Wheels
By kspml on 05/02/08 21:18 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Wow! What car can you get with BMW fun, BMW luxury, nimble size, and super gas economy (30mpg mixed driving), all in one, for under $30K? Trade in a fully loaded '04 Accord, and got a fully loaded (minus GPS) MINI Clubman. It has a vintage, classy look, and is fun to drive. Also feel very safe in the car... in control, connected to the road, and solid. Can park anywhere. Love the paddle shifters, provides power when needed.

Never so happy with a car
By jdlnmia on 04/30/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just picked up my Cooper S Clubman and the first 24 hours have been a blast. I love the performance and handling as well as the fuel economy these cars deliver. The ride is surprisingly smooth; I find myself doing well over 80mph before noticing you're speeding!

Satisfied Clubman Owner
By Vince on 04/29/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've only had this car less than a week & I think I'm one of the first ones to have this car in the area, as I have not seen another one on the road yet. MINI is keeping the demand high by not keeping a lot of these in stock at the dealers (at least in San Diego), which is great for resale value. This car is a blast to drive, is built with BMW quality, and is oober-styish. Must have options are bluetooth & IPOD integration, and the dual pane sunroof. I've been getting about 29 1/2 MPG as a commuter with the manual transmission (still on first tank of gas), but I can easily see getting 35-40 on highway trips (I put it on cruise @ 80 and the current MPG monitor was reading 40+).

Clubman great Green alternative
By Rob on 04/26/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Mini Clubman is a great vehicle. The original Mini was great, but lacked size to take your golf clubs to the course and god forbid if you had to have someone in the so called backseat. Well the Clubman is the answer. Comfortable fit golf clubs in the back, and plenty of room for 4 when needed. Ride is better than Original Cooper. It is a fun sports car when you want to turn it on. Sport mode adds to the fun to have ready on power. Through daily commuting of 75%/25% highway to city, I have averaged 32 MPG with the automatic.

Clubman worth the extra space!
By Tony on 04/04/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great vehicle. I always wanted a Mini but needed to be able to transport my two boys in the back. The Clubman was the answer. Excellent pick-up; excellent grip; great 6 speed tranny; and you gotta love the barn doors in back. Gas mileage is, of course, great; 28 city and 33 highway. The ride is also much more secure and settled on the hwy with the longer wheelbase vs the Cooper coupe.