2008 MINI Cooper Clubman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:
Lady in Red
By Lady in Red on 11/10/08 20:23 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Love everything about the car from the inside-out. Pickup on steep hills could be better. Navigation is great and looks so much nicer than the standard speedometer and the back-up camera for me was a must. The upgraded stereo system sounds great. Felt the sunroofs weren't dark enough so I bought 4 tinted window spots from Axist (2 in front & 2 in rear) and now they're tinted the way I like them, from a person who suffers from skin cancer.

Great Car
By davidscar on 10/09/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Moved away from European to Japanese now back to Cooper. Great Car! Really have trouble keeping it at legal speed. Getting ready for first trip, 600 miles, can't wait. Traded in a Miata for this, don't regret it at all.

Great Car
By J on 08/22/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Mini does it right. A gas sipper that is actually fun to drive! On top of that the Clubman is stylish. Great to drive, top of the line brakes, head turner, good safety features, great gas mileage, highest resale value, best warranty by far. What else do you need to know...excellent options available altough at a cost. You can truly make the car feel as though it suits exactly you.

Only a Few Surprises -- Good and Bad
By Djwlawdad on 08/15/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I love my MINI. It's a blast to drive. I'm getting about 32 MPG with the auto. transmission in mostly country road-type driving. Good surprise: We fit 3 adults, a teenager, a goalie hockey bag and five medium-sized grocery bags in the car for a one-day round trip, 3 hours each way, & it was comfortable, even in back, and rear visibility wasn't blocked! The car is very well engineered but had some minor defects when delivered (not a surprise), which are still being fixed after 5 weeks (a surprise). The biggest surprise is that the car is a fantastic highway cruiser! It's amazingly stable at high speeds. You don't feel the speed, so you need to be very careful that you don't go 90 in a 55!

Great overall, MINI continues to improve
By Hoopi on 08/13/08 10:49 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I transitioned from a 2006 Mini Cooper S to the 2008 Clubman S, and I am really pleased with the Clubman overall. The turbo charged engine feels more robust and smoother compared with the prior years, and the improve fuel economy is wonderful. Overall my mileage on my 2006 (manual 6 speed) was around 29 mpg for all types of driving. With the new Clubman (manual 6 speed) I am averaging around 33 mpg for all types of driving. This is wonderful for such a high performance little engine. The extra space is terrific, and the build quality is better overall than my 2006.

Emperor's new clothes
By arnot327 on 08/04/08 01:48 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow - feel like I'm dealing with the emperor's new clothes here. I do not like this car at all. Special ordered it from England, waited months and am incredibly disappointed. Sure, it handles nice but it's incredibly noisy (run flats), obnoxiously bouncy, shifter throw is excessive, build quality seems pretty awful - less than 1000 miles and driver's window is stuck down, rear doors misaligned on delivery, tire pressue warning stuck on, side scuttle emblems fallen off, finish on $750 extra wheels pitted and corroding; cup holders awkward & too small, interior storage awkward. Info center controls unneccessarily complicated. I really wanted to like this little car.

All that and more
By Luv My MINI on 07/14/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Love this car. Don't get the runflats unless all-out handling is your only goal. The regulars are much more quiet and the ride comfort is vastly improved. And you get a spare. With the regular tires, this car is luxury car quiet on the highway, stunning for a little car.

Love my Clubman
By QualMod on 07/06/08 16:30 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Highly recommend the Clubman. Great on gas mileage (drove to Reno NV and back from San Francisco on one tank), and is a very cool looking vehicle, to boot. I never cared about cars or driving before, but now I look forward to simply driving to the dentist! Perky and smooth ride at once. My dog fits in the back as does my 6'4 boyfriend in the front. Also, as the Clubman is new, it is a head-turner. I can't leave a parking lot without people drooling over it and asking me questions!

Cooper Clubman
By Bart on 06/04/08 05:00 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Clubamn is an excellent drive. Use for business, wanted regular Mini S but tools would not fit. Clubman gives plenty of room. Great mileage, even with super unleaded. Drive 400+ miles on a tank of gas. Hard to stuff more than 12 gallons when empty. Fun to drive, have to be careful not to get too fast, ride is so smooth that speed can get away from you.

Clubman is bliss. Bring on the Crossman!
By clubbN on 06/03/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Absolute joy to drive, in fact right after I bought it from the dealership and literally the first trip on the freeway- I got to test out the handling right away in order to dodge the remnants of a tire blowout on the freeway. Car handles tight and has nice "giddy-up". I would strongly recommend this car. I looked at all others in its class and this one really is in one all by itself. The ride is quiet too, now I just need to get it back from my wife. Overall it is a very well thought out and detailed oriented car. I look forward to driving it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.