2008 MINI Cooper Clubman - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Clubman model:
Don't be Fooled
By Daniel Wagner on 06/02/10 08:50 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I had this car for only 22 mos. I just traded it in. It was fun to drive, loaded w/ features & fairly economical, but it's likely to be very expensive to maintain after factory maintenance plan & warranty expire. It came with a deep scratch/gouge in the armrest. The dealer was unable to replace it without PERMANENTLY ruining the integrity of the trim molding around it -- floor console kept falling apart & isn't fixable); needed new front tires & alignment at 30,000 mi. ($385) (tires, align. & rotation not included in maint. plan); new front brake pads & rotors at 38,000 mi. ($650 but covered by maint. plan); new power steering rack at 40,000 mi. (covered under warranty). Future cost?

Mini Van Replacement Clubman 6 spd.
By wayne on 03/18/09 21:47 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The kids are driving themselves and the family minivan was getting old. When gas hit $4/gal I wanted to drive something with better gas mileage. We have a Camry Hybrid which is fuel efficent and boring. I wanted something more fun and the Prius wasn't going to cut it. Once I drove the Clubman I decided it had the size I needed and the fuel mileage and fun factor I wanted. I'm getting 36 mpg overall and 42 on the highway. Probably should of bought the "S" model but I wanted gas mileage. I had I known gas would be cheap again I would of bought the "S" Model.

Hunt Club...man
By Mark on 03/17/09 22:00 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had pickups of various sizes and even really enjoyed the Toyota FJ, but when I was putting a tank of fuel a day through it, I had to make a change. With the flat rear deck, I can get two dog kennels gear and hunting buddy in it, and hunt all day on peanuts. The ground clearance, ride and slippery conditions limit its access, but it sure is great to get around in. Actually got a 1000kms to a tank once.

Lady in Red
By Lady in Red on 11/10/08 20:23 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Love everything about the car from the inside-out. Pickup on steep hills could be better. Navigation is great and looks so much nicer than the standard speedometer and the back-up camera for me was a must. The upgraded stereo system sounds great. Felt the sunroofs weren't dark enough so I bought 4 tinted window spots from Axist (2 in front & 2 in rear) and now they're tinted the way I like them, from a person who suffers from skin cancer.

Great Car
By davidscar on 10/09/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Moved away from European to Japanese now back to Cooper. Great Car! Really have trouble keeping it at legal speed. Getting ready for first trip, 600 miles, can't wait. Traded in a Miata for this, don't regret it at all.

Only a Few Surprises -- Good and Bad
By Djwlawdad on 08/15/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I love my MINI. It's a blast to drive. I'm getting about 32 MPG with the auto. transmission in mostly country road-type driving. Good surprise: We fit 3 adults, a teenager, a goalie hockey bag and five medium-sized grocery bags in the car for a one-day round trip, 3 hours each way, & it was comfortable, even in back, and rear visibility wasn't blocked! The car is very well engineered but had some minor defects when delivered (not a surprise), which are still being fixed after 5 weeks (a surprise). The biggest surprise is that the car is a fantastic highway cruiser! It's amazingly stable at high speeds. You don't feel the speed, so you need to be very careful that you don't go 90 in a 55!

All that and more
By Luv My MINI on 07/14/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Love this car. Don't get the runflats unless all-out handling is your only goal. The regulars are much more quiet and the ride comfort is vastly improved. And you get a spare. With the regular tires, this car is luxury car quiet on the highway, stunning for a little car.

Clubman is bliss. Bring on the Crossman!
By clubbN on 06/03/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Absolute joy to drive, in fact right after I bought it from the dealership and literally the first trip on the freeway- I got to test out the handling right away in order to dodge the remnants of a tire blowout on the freeway. Car handles tight and has nice "giddy-up". I would strongly recommend this car. I looked at all others in its class and this one really is in one all by itself. The ride is quiet too, now I just need to get it back from my wife. Overall it is a very well thought out and detailed oriented car. I look forward to driving it.

COOP: the Cooper Clubman!
By satchumo on 05/15/08 07:40 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This car is the sweetest car I've ever driven. I can honestly say that I don't know if I'll buy another car unless it's a MINI. It's one thing if I need a truck though. This car is fun to drive and you always get looks from people as you drive through the parking lot or are out on the highway. Windows rolled down almost always because people ask what is that you're driving. Has lots of room. I'm 6'7" and I have no trouble fitting in the tiny little car. It seems very safe as swell with the inside of the car acting like a bubble pillow if they go off because there are so many air bags. Traded in a Pontiac Aztek for the Cooper. Would do it again if I had to!

So glad to have chosen a MINI Clubman
By SL on 05/12/08 16:17 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman 3dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Love the look, the space, the performance, everything about it. Just very happy with my choice. Fun to drive, many amenities. Go get one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.