Used 2001 Mercury Villager Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mercury Villager - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mercury Villager Minivan

View reviews for a specific Villager model:

Reliable and cheap but has drawbacks
By brian174

2001 Mercury Villager Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had the van for 3 years now. I bought it with 85K miles on it and have 140K now. I bought it because I got Nissan quality at Ford depreciation levels, so it was cheap. I like the Nissan engine and transmission. Only problems I've had were the usual Ford electrical gremlins. It is a gas hog. Seating system is poorly designed. Van is noisy going down highway (wind noise mostly.) I'm basically satisfied but can't figure out why this thing only gets 18-20 mpg when other bigger vans with bigger engines get 25 mpg. It's a good, cheap van, though.

Favorite Features

Really good air conditioning and heat. Engine is reliable.

Suggested Improvements

They're not making them anymore so why bother?

Don't waste your money
By WASTE OF MONEY

2001 Mercury Villager Minivan Estate 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We were initially intrigued with the Villager because it is basically a cheaper version of the Nissan Quest, but it has been the worst investment of our lives. We have had nothing but repairs season after season, year after year. We thought we got if for a bargain, but the cost of the repairs makes this vehicle worthless. I hate this van and would not recommend it to anyone. It is noisy, has brake issues, ac issues and has slow acceleration. It eats gas as if it were an truck. Very very disappointing buy. I am looking for a replacement now. I would never recommend this van to anyone. It may be cheap in price only because it is cheap in quality.

Favorite Features

Leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

The van should be taken off the road and refund given back to the poor buyers of this piece of junk.

I love MY Villager!
By luvmyvillager

2001 Mercury Villager Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Villager has been extremely reliable and comfortable. I have had no problems with it. It's a fun van to drive and I wish they were still making them!

Favorite Features

I love the look of it. I love the sunroof, tinted windows, and leather interior. My favorite feature has been the speed and the power of it.

Suggested Improvements

My only imporvements would be automatic sliding doors and liftgate...but that wasn't available then. I am sad that Mercury doesn't make it anymore, because I would go get another one.

Great van
By joe cobra

2001 Mercury Villager Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this new. Now have 111,000 on it with no major problems. Very reliable. Took many long trips with the family, never let me down

Favorite Features

V6 engine

Suggested Improvements

None

Excellent
By Kevin

2001 Mercury Villager Minivan Estate 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The Mercury Villager is a fun mini van to drive and is worth the buy even if it is used. The interior is superior to other mini vans of its year.

Favorite Features

Leather Interior and Automatic Temperature Control

Suggested Improvements

Rear Radio and Air Conditiong controls should be accesible to both the right and left side rear passengers.