Used 1999 Mercury Villager Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercury Villager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Villager model:

The da!~ gas pedal
By K Logie

1999 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

Purchased 99 Villager w/ 46,000 miles last year, seemed like a great used vehicle (clean, good shape, no accident history). Brought back to dealer b/c the gas pedal was stuck. "Supposedly" it was fixed, when I picked it up, after them having for a week, I had to drive from MA to MO and realized the tachometer stopped working and the gas pedal was still sticking! The vehicle has 79,000 miles on it, pretty much everything on the dash has stopped working, except the speedometer works about 50% of the time. Getting rid of it now before something else goes wrong! Previously owned a 96 Villager, other than gas pedal it was a great van!

2nd Village a disappointment
By Phydo

1999 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

After a phenomenally dependable and satisfying '97 Villager, my '99 Estate model has been a real lemon. In one year, $600 in suspension parts, $800 to replace throttle body, $1100 to repair A/C, and there are several switches not working. No sticky accelerator though. I am dumping it after 1 year for a Honda or Mazda.

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!
By giftofgod

1999 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

This van has been great for me and my wife. It does seem to average 22 mpg, but this is through the hills in north-central Arkansas. It seems to have plenty of power for zipping up and down the hills. The reviews about lack of power seem unjustified. I also love the cupholders in ours. They adjust to fit any size drink. I do not understand the complaints there either. As far as drivability, this van corners well, and has no squeaks or rattles yet, even though it is now 7 years old. The engine runs like a top and does not miss. All of the features work great. Cruise control is a little jumpy for this area, but works well on the highway. Overall, I would say this is a great vehicle!

Rear air, front cupholders adjustable, power windows, captains seats in front, engine can keep up with most passenger cars, privacy glass

The stereo is somewhat weak. However, that is a typical Ford/Mercury problem with the standard stereos.

Mercury Villager
By C Smith

1999 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

I purchased my van in 2004. It had 58,000 miles on it. I like it, have had no trouble with it, except that the gas pedal sticks. It would be nice if they would do a recall on it. I have taken it in to be fixed....it was better for about 2 weeks and went right back to doing the same thing.

Perplexed
By Kevin

1999 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

Purchased used from local dealer with 68000 miles. The gas pedal sticks and the headlight harness burned out near the lite socket. At about 85,000 miles on a hot summer day about 200 miles from home I experenced a sudden loss of oil pressure. Indicated by the light and noisy lifters. Continued to drive as I had no other choice for 200 miles with intermittent oil pressure. Changed to a heaver oil and no problems for 1 year then the same story. Changed to a heavier oil again then no problems. Now have Over 111,000 miles. I do not understand what is going on with the oil pressure but the vehicle has been very reliable and uses no oil between changes of 12000miles.

Rommy Comfortable and so far reliable

fix the gas pedal