1999 Mercury Villager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Villager model:
reliable
By Villager on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

I have really enjoyed this vehicle. I drive it everyday and it has been reliable and handled well. The heater and air conditioning provide a comfortable atmosphere. But the handling is great. I highly recommend this van, and wonder why they quit making it.

1999 Villager Sport
By Teresal on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

Excellent vehicle for a small family. Compact sport styling and good low end response make driving around town a pleasure. Comfortable ride and well appointed interior. Removable second row buckets and sliding rear seat make it easy to create a larger cargo volume. Very satisfied with choice to date.

it's been good to me
By readany on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

I have nearly 100,000 miles and have never had to do any mechanical work other than routine maintenance.... It still drives and looks like a new car!

Not a bad van
By shaglaptop on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

Not a bad liitle van. Must say that I do not care for American vehicles and only bought this van because I needed one, this was the only van available in my price range. Haven't looked back since. Couple of trips across the US, plus the half-dozen to grandma's house. Wish there was a little bit more cargo space, but moving the rear seat up one-notch does the trick.

Should have bought the extended warranty
By lkbdczy on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

Although most like this van both my wife and I are very dissapointed. since the warranty expired, we have replaced - Struts, Strut plates, 1 fuel injector, rear A/C, ball joints, breaks and Throttle plate. all Ford had to say was that we were on our own. WE will not buy from FORD again.

Great Driving
By Roisin on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

The van has been an exceptionally great vehicle. Just before the warranty expired we had to replace both headlight harnesses because of electrical faults. The radio & clock display just failed as well as most of the instrument lights on the ETC air conditioner control. The bulbs for the A/c control are not available at the dealer. The radio display has not been repaired because of the great cost.

Sticky gas pedal
By abinitio on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

This has been a great family vehicle, which we got after trading in a 1993 that had over 100,000 miles with only warranty and recall repairs. However, one real problem developed - the gas pedal began to stick when I went to accelerate (fortunately it never stuck while depressed). This could have been hazardous if I had been trying to accelerate in an avoidance move or something similar. My dealer fixed what he called "carbon buildup" which he said he rarely sees. However, I see in another post here that someone else has had the same problem, so I'm thinking it may be more common that we're lead to believe.

A good Villager
By nstephen on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercury Villager Estate 4dr Minivan

This has been a good van, commodious and reliable. It easily carries us, two dogs and luggage to Florida each year. It has been easy to maintain and has been back to the dealer only for routine service for the most part.

A GOOD VAN
By ACEIT on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercury Villager 4dr Minivan

I NOW HAVE 80000 ON MY VILLAGER. IT HAS NOT HAD ANY MAJOR REPAIRS. I RECENTLY HAD TO HAVE THE DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW SWITCH REPAIRED (WINDOW WOULD NOT GO UP, TOTAL BILL $75.00. I HAVE EXPERIENCED THE STICKY GAS PEDAL SINCE I HAVE PURCHASED THE VAN. ANY IDEAS HOW TO FIX?? THE CUP HOLDERS ARE LACKING (LARGE CUPS ARE A PROBLEM). I USE MY VAN FOR WORK (COMPUTER REPAIR) AND FIND THE SEATING OPTIONS PERFECT FOR HOW I USE IT (HAULING PC'S, MONITORS, AND LOTS OF PARTS). I LIKE THE GAS MILEAGE, 24 MILES PER GALLON, AND THE 3.3 IS A SNAPPY ENGINE. I PULL A 16 FOOT BASS BOAT WITH NO TROUBLE.

still happy
By hinder customer on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Villager Sport 4dr Minivan

we purchased the van used. we have had only one problem with the headlight wiring harness. the headlights would individually go out when driving over bumps. the problem was corrected by the dealer replacing the plugs at the end of the wiring harness. Over all, it rides/drives like a very controlable/predictable sport sedan. great for long trips. would buy another:)