Used 1996 Mercury Villager LS Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Mercury Villager - Consumer Reviews

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan

View reviews for a specific Villager model:

230,000 miles and running like new
By Jonathan Brown

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

This has been a great van. I have only had it for 5,000 miles thus far but I have only had to replace a belt and I will have to soon replace the tierods, but the engine runs perfect, the tranny shifts perfect, the engine is quiet, and it starts perfect every time! The way this thing runs you would never know it has 230,000 miles. I go up to see my girlfriend and my baby over 50 miles away and it provides a comfortable and enjoying ride. I love this van and i will continue to drive it as long as it is running.

Favorite Features

I think the lights inside the vehicle are pretty and the radio sounds awesome! It's cool that it will not lock on you if you have the key in the ignition. The heat works great. I love how the seats move around in the back! They move so you have plenty of room for whatever reason you need more room.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked a CD player but this is only a 1996.

Good Minivan
By Judge

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

This vehicle was a very good deal at $1000 even though it had 160,000 miles when purchased. The Nissan drive train is very good and the high mileage didn't scare me. It was fixed up as per state inspection requirements and on the road for $1500. The handling and ride are very good for a van, and even with a few quirks it is a good choice.

Ressurect the Villager
By Ev

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

Because my Villager LS is 11 years old I looked around for a vehicle that was a superb as this Villager. Nothing handles as well nor has the appointments that this beautiful vehicle has. I say to Bill Ford resurrect a super vehicle instead of trying to invent a new one! This vehicle is by far above any that I have looked at in the same class. I will run this vehicle until it rusts out or cannot be repaired anymore.

Favorite Features

Handling, interior finish

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat removal could be improved.

My favorite minivan
By Katie

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

We bought this car used at 14K miles. Now has 185K miles. It is a great minivan and I enjoy driving it. It is great in all kinds of weather. Lots of room to move a kid to college. Only have performed routine maintenance. Truly the best and most reliable minivan I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Driver seat adjustments. Back window opens to access cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Move rear speakers from under the back windows. Front cup holders are too small.

Villager is Great
By P Becker

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

I've had this van for 5 yrs and wish they still made them, because I would buy another without another thought. It has provided reliability and performance above all other vehicles I have owned with very little maintenance required other then standard.

Favorite Features

Power and performance, great visibility, handles very well in all conditions.