1996 Mercury Villager Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Villager model:
230,000 miles and running like new
By Jonathan Brown on 02/12/09 20:13 PM (PST)

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

This has been a great van. I have only had it for 5,000 miles thus far but I have only had to replace a belt and I will have to soon replace the tierods, but the engine runs perfect, the tranny shifts perfect, the engine is quiet, and it starts perfect every time! The way this thing runs you would never know it has 230,000 miles. I go up to see my girlfriend and my baby over 50 miles away and it provides a comfortable and enjoying ride. I love this van and i will continue to drive it as long as it is running.

Good Minivan
By Judge on 12/09/08 16:42 PM (PST)

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

This vehicle was a very good deal at $1000 even though it had 160,000 miles when purchased. The Nissan drive train is very good and the high mileage didn't scare me. It was fixed up as per state inspection requirements and on the road for $1500. The handling and ride are very good for a van, and even with a few quirks it is a good choice.

Ressurect the Villager
By Ev on 04/24/07 16:36 PM (PDT)

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

Because my Villager LS is 11 years old I looked around for a vehicle that was a superb as this Villager. Nothing handles as well nor has the appointments that this beautiful vehicle has. I say to Bill Ford resurrect a super vehicle instead of trying to invent a new one! This vehicle is by far above any that I have looked at in the same class. I will run this vehicle until it rusts out or cannot be repaired anymore.

My favorite minivan
By Katie on 07/29/05 21:58 PM (PDT)

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

We bought this car used at 14K miles. Now has 185K miles. It is a great minivan and I enjoy driving it. It is great in all kinds of weather. Lots of room to move a kid to college. Only have performed routine maintenance. Truly the best and most reliable minivan I have ever owned.

Villager is Great
By P Becker on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

I've had this van for 5 yrs and wish they still made them, because I would buy another without another thought. It has provided reliability and performance above all other vehicles I have owned with very little maintenance required other then standard.

Mercury Villager 1996
By DDC on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

Very family friendly car. Easy to move around in. Low maintenance except for oxygen sensor, which has to be replaced every two years. Integrated child safety seats very safe and convienient.

Avoid at all costs
By DBradley on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

One of the most unreliable vehicles I've ever own. Broke down one week after purchasing and was in the shop every 2 months thereafter. Talked to Ford, but they didn't care.

Not bad for the price...
By ronaldj on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

Van now has 155,000 miles and has had only minor problems... but some worth mentioning. O2 sensor has been replaced twice, transmission has been extremely jerky at times. Interior quality is poor, with trim cracking or fading in many locations.

We Love Our 1996 Villager!
By Stem-2 on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

Wonderful vehicle! I certainly would buy another one if they were still made! I was SO SORRY to see them discontinued.