1995 Mercury Villager Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Villager model:
Reliable.
By jaredh on 10/31/12 03:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Villager Minivan GS 3dr Cargo Minivan

Just rid myself of my old '95 Villager recently due to electrical issues that just weren't worth the money for repair. At 17 years old I have nothing to complain about. This van has been reliable through out it's life span. And the most major repair it ever saw; was a replaced water pump. Other then that this thing never saw any critical failures. The air vents for the back passenger seats gave out about 5 years in. But we managed with just the front ones. Heat was great, AC was great. But more importantly this van was sturdy. Even after being in a wreck a year ago it still ran like a champ. I'm going to miss the old thing.

The BEST bang for the buck!
By carecarpro on 08/23/10 21:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

This vehicle is underrated and the Nissan/Mercury name has been badly ridiculed. I have owned my Villager for over 14 years and all I can say is $21,000 for this LS model and all is well. My wife owns a Lexus SUV and I paid over $53K a year ago and it has been in the shop 7 times. The Villager we own has 267k miles and has never seen major repair. My cousin and my good friend both have 95 Villagers and all I can say is 289k and 212k miles and the same results. That is a real review.

The Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By Steve on 07/24/09 14:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Villager Minivan GS 3dr Minivan

I bought this minivan 11 years ago and just love it. I have driven it across country several times with no problems including one trip towing a uhaul trailer through a snow storm. This is the best vehicle i have ever owned. I have only had minimal (and expected) maintenance issues. I am still getting 16 to 18 mpg. Still plenty of power from the engine but my a/c has recently stopped working and r-12 freon is rare and expensive. I've kept it reasonably clean and well maintained and I expect to see another 80000 miles.

Better than most
By robandmarilyn on 03/17/08 05:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Villager Minivan GS 3dr Minivan

I bought this van with 160,000 miles on it. Original owner had made no major repairs to it. It has almost 200,000 miles on it now and still running strong. Only problems I have is the front end components consistantly have problems (thanks Ford). Had it been totally built by Nissan it would probably be unstopable.

Great car for "nin com poop"
By John Keller on 08/12/07 14:43 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Villager Minivan GS 3dr Minivan

I have 216,000 miles on this vehicle. It was a plain jane for about $19,000. I have never had vehicle last as long. Perhaps I have had two water pumps and other various services. Unlike other cars, I have maintained this. I honestly hope to get another three years out of this. Wife put high end Michelin tires on it recently. My second set of mats bought at time I got vehicle are starting to show wear. Just ordered owners manual that I losta few years ago. Thought it was worthwhile investment.I would buy another!

not a toyota but.....
By mrproduxn on 12/31/06 20:25 PM (PST)

1995 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

we purchased this van with 60k miles in near perfect shape for $8500.within 30 days was hit hard in rear at stoplight.tailgate and both quarters replaced.2 weeks later was hit in side.new side panel and complete paint.at 71k miles head gasket blew 2 blocks from home.water into engine. hydrolocked and broke cam and head bolts.repaired. mechanic said get rid of it due to bottom end engine trauma. also have found where was in accident on left front-shock tower replaced and weld seam noticeable under van.have replaced driver axle twice.replaced a/c compressor. now have 115k miles and starting to leak oil- possibly rear main seal.considering the history this has been a great van.

Best Car Ever Made
By Randy on 11/02/06 11:38 AM (PST)

1995 Mercury Villager Minivan GS 3dr Minivan

After 10 years of faithful service, I am selling my van today to make way for a sporty new SUV. Based on reading other reviews, I obviously was lucky to purchase the best-built Villager ever. The original engine and tranny are still strong after 10 years, electrical works perfect, ride is smooth and quiet. This has been a noble, reliable friend to my family.

If they only made more....
By FamilyVan on 10/24/06 19:30 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Villager Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

Very pleased with the van now with 166,000 miles. Bought it in 1998. Just had to retire it today. The transmission is slippin' away. Too expensive to replace. My wife and I wish they still made them. Many fond memories. We'd buy another. It doesn't owe us a thing. Many x-country trips with no problems.

Not A Keeper
By Tom Rademacher on 10/09/06 03:11 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Villager Minivan GS 3dr Minivan

This car performed well for us the first 80,000 miles or so, but don't plan on owning it for the long run unless you enjoy poor workmanship that fails over time. The engine is a champ, the same they install in the Nissan Quest. But we've had trouble with cargo door alignment, power lock failure, power mirror failure, AC, rear heat and a handful of other electronic elements -- niggling things that we wish ahead of time we'd known were going tolet us down. The car just isn't built for the long haul.

Solid car for 8 years
By Scott on 01/24/05 22:07 PM (PST)

1995 Mercury Villager Minivan Nautica 3dr Minivan

A very nice looking van with a bulletproof engine, very luxurious fully loaded van with leather, trip computer, moon roof, front and rear AC, power seats,