Used 1995 Mercury Villager Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercury Villager - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mercury Villager

View reviews for a specific Villager model:

Best of the dieing breed
By Shane

1995 Mercury Villager LS 3dr Minivan

Other then the darn goofy door locks. You will never find a better minivan. Mines 20years old. Its been beat, battered, and still deals with 4 children and a dog daily. The interior must have been made out of some space age stuff for 1995 because at 20yrs old and 250,000+ miles it still looks great. The body although bland still looks great, and as for getting down the hiway this vans been wonderful. Really going to hate to see the day the poor ol girl croaks. To anyone that's still looking at a mercury villager. Buy it. And keep it serviced she'll run you forever

Reliable.
By jaredh

1995 Mercury Villager GS 3dr Cargo Minivan

Just rid myself of my old '95 Villager recently due to electrical issues that just weren't worth the money for repair. At 17 years old I have nothing to complain about. This van has been reliable through out it's life span. And the most major repair it ever saw; was a replaced water pump. Other then that this thing never saw any critical failures. The air vents for the back passenger seats gave out about 5 years in. But we managed with just the front ones. Heat was great, AC was great. But more importantly this van was sturdy. Even after being in a wreck a year ago it still ran like a champ. I'm going to miss the old thing.

The BEST bang for the buck!
By carecarpro

1995 Mercury Villager LS 3dr Minivan

This vehicle is underrated and the Nissan/Mercury name has been badly ridiculed. I have owned my Villager for over 14 years and all I can say is $21,000 for this LS model and all is well. My wife owns a Lexus SUV and I paid over $53K a year ago and it has been in the shop 7 times. The Villager we own has 267k miles and has never seen major repair. My cousin and my good friend both have 95 Villagers and all I can say is 289k and 212k miles and the same results. That is a real review.

Ride, Comfort, options, reliability, cost efficient, dependable

None

The Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By Steve

1995 Mercury Villager GS 3dr Minivan

I bought this minivan 11 years ago and just love it. I have driven it across country several times with no problems including one trip towing a uhaul trailer through a snow storm. This is the best vehicle i have ever owned. I have only had minimal (and expected) maintenance issues. I am still getting 16 to 18 mpg. Still plenty of power from the engine but my a/c has recently stopped working and r-12 freon is rare and expensive. I've kept it reasonably clean and well maintained and I expect to see another 80000 miles.

cargo space, seating configuration, comfort, rear controls for radio and rear a/c unit.

sadly the villager is no longer in production so this is moot.

Better than most
By robandmarilyn

1995 Mercury Villager GS 3dr Minivan

I bought this van with 160,000 miles on it. Original owner had made no major repairs to it. It has almost 200,000 miles on it now and still running strong. Only problems I have is the front end components consistantly have problems (thanks Ford). Had it been totally built by Nissan it would probably be unstopable.

Ample interior room, handles great for a 5000 lb. van.

Needs more cupholders, and side windows rattle and whistles constantly. Latch for windows break easily and are hard to find and are expensive.