1994 Mercury Villager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Villager model:
Great buy for $650
By Sabian25 on 05/30/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Villager Nautica 3dr Minivan

We bought used, had one of these in the past. I got into a bad accident had 3 surgeries. I can honestly say that this vehicle saved my life. The over the sholder automatic belts are annoying but a good safety feature. Great job on including drivers side airbag. The van is built pretty solid, 3,500lb. towing/cooling and suspension package. Nice sun roof, great gas mileage. I truly only like this vehicle because it's the Nautica edition. I am not a fan of the other models but I do say buy one anyday before a Ford Windstar or Dodge Caravan. This Nautica along with other Villagers have a Nissan 3.0L high efficiency output motor and are more reliable and better on fuel. Very reliable, great van!

Run away!
By villager owner on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Villager Nautica 3dr Minivan

If you are thinking about buying one of these things, let me give you two words of advice: RUN AWAY. I bought my villager with about 65,000 miles on it, and it now has about 105,000 miles. In that time period, I have replaced 2 water pumps ($250 each), 2 cv boots ($120 each), had a fuel vacuum leak ($800 to track it down over several months), a fuel pump replaced ($250), a thermostat replaced ($100), a radiator ($324), and an a/c hose ($300). Also, the ignition switch is defective (it locks me out at the time of its own choosing). If that isn't enough, the parts inside the van are always falling apart.