1994 Mercury Villager Consumer Reviews

1994 Mercury Villager - Consumer Reviews

1994 Mercury Villager GS 3dr Cargo Minivan

View reviews for a specific Villager model:
308K miles and still going strong
By mac_daddy on 02/14/12 16:36 PM (PST)

1994 Mercury Villager LS 3dr Minivan

Car is super reliable, and always starts. Changed catalytic converter at 280K miles. Still passes smog with super clean numbers. Great for highway travel. Goes down the road straight. Solid feel. Good visibility all around. Changed oil every 3,000 miles. Can do all my own maintenance. Love this vehicle.

So Far, So Good
By ChiliDog on 04/20/10 00:35 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Villager GS 3dr Minivan

I just got this Van but it is a joy to drive. Very comfortable. The Engine light everyone complains about is warning you that you are loading the engine in overdrive. It has a safety feature (read the manual) that modifies transmission settings to protect the engine when going up hill. Just push the little button and it will stay off. Overdrive is more for the long flat highways. The transmission will disable overdrive if you lug the engine requiring you to stop and turn off the vehicle to reset it. I love it and plan to have it a long time. It has real metal in it. Nissan engines are good for about 325,000 miles if you keep the oil changed ever 3k.

Best Car We Have Ever Owned
By TN Folks on 04/17/10 15:30 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Villager GS 3dr Minivan

We've taken this mini van all over the US, some times pulling a light camper trailer. We took out the 3rd seat and get about 23 MPG for city driving. Van has needed very few repairs -- had to replace air conditioner is about all. Rolling over 200,000 and hate to get a different car. Wish it was still being made. Can't find another car that we'd like.

My Mercury Villager
By JDBISUZU on 01/18/10 17:43 PM (PST)

1994 Mercury Villager LS 3dr Minivan

This van was my first car when i was 16. It has been very reliable when my parents bought it in 94. It was also a fun car to drive around. I wish i did not have to sell it. I will always remember that car.

Had one for 15 years!
By charles on 06/03/09 05:54 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Villager LS 3dr Minivan

I've had one for 15 years and love it! Still going strong, but I replaced the Transmission after 150000 miles because I was towing a camper around. It has 188,000 miles, and it just now is beginning to show some rust in one wheel well.well.

Still running strong
By Kristy on 06/12/08 06:49 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Villager GS 3dr Minivan

This van has been nothing but dependable. I would definitely buy another. Never have had a problem in the winter. It fires right up on the coldest days

Great buy for $650
By Sabian25 on 05/30/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Villager Nautica 3dr Minivan

We bought used, had one of these in the past. I got into a bad accident had 3 surgeries. I can honestly say that this vehicle saved my life. The over the sholder automatic belts are annoying but a good safety feature. Great job on including drivers side airbag. The van is built pretty solid, 3,500lb. towing/cooling and suspension package. Nice sun roof, great gas mileage. I truly only like this vehicle because it's the Nautica edition. I am not a fan of the other models but I do say buy one anyday before a Ford Windstar or Dodge Caravan. This Nautica along with other Villagers have a Nissan 3.0L high efficiency output motor and are more reliable and better on fuel. Very reliable, great van!

Great minivan so far
By Minivan Family on 05/24/08 16:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Villager GS 3dr Minivan

We have owned this minivan for less than 2 weeks and I love! it. Great fuel economy, great Nissan engine (I heard the 3.0L. V6 is in the Maxima from this year too) and transmission. With 174,000 KMS. on engine, transmission was replaced around 130.000 KMS, we also own a 1997 Pontiac Trans Sport and we like both the same.

Love Our Villager
By Greg on 08/16/07 20:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Villager LS 3dr Minivan

Bought it new in Spring 1994 and now has 259,600 miles and still going strong. Still looks great, and other than door dings looks new (no corrosion). Interior upholstery looks new. Like 3 vehicles in one--car, mini- van, and truck. Great in snow! Have had a few major repairs on engine, but that is to be expected for an engine with high mileage.

Best Vehicle We've Ever owned!!!
By raybo on 01/11/07 12:55 PM (PST)

1994 Mercury Villager GS 3dr Minivan

We bought our Villager when it was almost 3 years old and found it to be a pleasure from the word go. It's now somewhat beat up, but still going strong. We have a few defects that we've learned does not affect it's performance. These include a gassy smell in the winter when it first starts and a hum in the fuel pump. Also, the windshield washer has always been temperamental as well as an engine light. But these have been minor things for a car that has lasted for almost 13 years for us with minimal repairs. I'm sorry they discontinued the Villager.