1994 Mercury Tracer 1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Tracer Trio Wagon - Great

1994 Mercury Tracer - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Tracer Trio Wagon - Great Car
By sfhiggins on

1994 Mercury Tracer 4dr Wagon

I've owned this car for a year and put 12k miles on it with no problems. 138k, 5MT and I average 33mpg in mixed driving. It does burn a qt of oil every 1500 miles. Easy car to work on and find parts for. Driving position, visibility, and controls are comfortable, but seats lack lumbar support. Car is very slow, but fun to drive with the stickshift. Brakes are ok, steering response is good. Plenty of online info available w/r/t Escorts. I have two small rust spots starting on panel edges, but the paint and interior are in great condition overall...no peeling paint or torn fabric. Three carseats will BARELY fit across the rear seat. Great car overall...I'd absolutely buy it again.

Favorite Features

Leather-wrapped steering wheel, alloy wheels, gas mileage, ease of DIY repair/maintenance, roof rack, cargo volume, natural resistance to speeding tickets.

Suggested Improvements

Speedometer breaks ALL THE TIME in these cars. Stock stereo is lousy. No cruise control or foglights.