Buy this car!
By twindad46 on
2009 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
What a car! I recently purchased a slightly used '09 Sable with 28K miles on it and I love it! Comfortable, good performance, tons of features, good mileage for its size and all for $17K. I traded in an '06 Chrysler 300 that I hated and the only thing I don't like about this car is that I didn't buy it 2 years ago. It's a shame they stopped making it, but if you can find one - BUY IT!
Favorite Features
heated leather seats, SYNC system, moonroof, traction control, engine, transmission, visibility, safety and interior room.
Suggested Improvements
None.
By rickmm
on 09/14/12 07:00 AM (PDT)

I am curious about the Edmund reviewers comments; (Cons; mushy brake pedal, coarse V6, uninspiring handling) I've owned a 2009 Sable for several years and have found that it has the greatest brakes. They are quick and sure without being too touchy. They have already saved me in an emergency. The steering is quick and on our twisty curvey roads in Penna. this car handles like it is on rails. The engine is very responsive in which I don't see any coarseness. I will agree that it did take some time getting used to the steering wheel being farther away than usual without telescoping however, it feels perfectly normal now. Actually gives you more room, makes other cars feel cramped. Loved this car so much I bought another one for my wife. Discontinuing Mercury is a terrible loss; was the best car value.