Great Value for the Money
By dmers1 on
2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Power is quite good for a V-6, 260 HP and it shifts very smooth with the 6 speed Automatic. The oil filter is located in a pretty good spot and I use my drive up ramps using 5W-20 oil every 7500 miles. I changed at 2500 the first time to get factory grit out of the engine as I tend to keep cars quite a long time. This car starts every time and never misses no matter what temperature__4-8 degree mornings for us. The only problem, I had was an out of adjustment cruise control switch on the brake pedal that would kick out the cruise occasionally. I took it to a nearby Ford dealer for a quick fix and that was it. I did buy the extended 6 year/100K mile warranty since I still remember the $1800
Favorite Features
Our car had every option except the rear DVD player and it has plenty of toys to play with. We get quite a few compliments on the Sage color and look of the car as they tried to make it look closer to the smaller Milan (mileage is not much better on the Milan than with the larger Sable).
Suggested Improvements
It needs good telescoping/tilt steering wheel, longer sunvisors, get 2-3 more MPG, heated/AC front/rear seats, a little more work on interior sound noise--noisy Pirelli tires and wind, better looking c-pillar and dished wheels. I am not crazy about the chrome truck wheels Ford use on its cars.