2008 Mercury Sable Consumer Review: Decent car

2008 Mercury Sable - Consumer Review

Decent car
By Jeff on

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I leased this vehicle for 2 years & put 36,000 miles on it. The only problem I had was leaking ATF lines. Was fixed under warranty, but the dealer kept the car for a WEEK to replace some rubber hoses! Whether the cause was a bad design or improper installation doesn't matter to me, it reflects poorly on Ford. Other than that I only have a few nit-picks. The ride IMO was stiff. It sort of bounced over bumps, didn't absorb them. The AM/FM button was too small. The seats were too hard. The transmission could be quite clunky in shifting from 1st to 2nd (esp. when cold), otherwise it was downright buttery shifting. The engine was smooth, quiet & powerful enough for me.

Engine. Smooth transmission, except as noted. Sinc is a great idea, but I found I really had to speak up to be heard. I had no rattles or squeaks & felt the build quality was good(except as noted above).

Need to adjust suspension to handle bumps better. I got 24 mpg in 75% highway, 25% city driving.