Used 2008 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercury Sable

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

2008 Sable Premier FWD
By JC

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a large car that could offer some comfort on road trips as well as decent highway mileage. I found it in the Mercury Sable. It also offered a large trunk with fold down seats giving the flexibility to carry sports equipment. So far there have been no problems and the car gives me everything I needed. I'm looking forward to driving it for several years. The options and standard equipment offer a lot of features and value for the price.

Favorite Features

Sirius radio, reverse sensing, moonroof and 18" chrome wheels, charcoal interior with dark brown wood grain on dash, center console, fold down back seats, extra compartment on dash, command seating, extra cup holders, roomy back seat

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage around town, front seats that slide farther back to give more leg room, extenders on sun visors,

Great car
By keithm

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just traded an '06 Milan for an '08 Sable. The nav system/Sirius radio are great. This car came with every option except rear seat entertainment system. Car is very quiet & surprisingly quick. You're well over the speed limit if not careful. Interior is very nice with supportive seats. Always dislike cars with seats that are "too" cushy.

Favorite Features

Nav system/Sirius radio. You can talk to the system & it answers back. If only you could get it to talk back yo you like say...Lewis Black!

Suggested Improvements

Car is a little "floaty" compared to former Milan or daily used Mystique (then again the Sable is a much larger car than either)Wish they still had HID headlights. Now mind you these small issues in no way take from a great car overall

Excellent Car!
By Regs

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a large car, the fuel economy is excellent for a car of this size. Considered Toyota and Honda, but this one has better design and much better price. Very quiet, good view, huge trunk.

Favorite Features

High seating, two-tone leather seats, backup sensor, etc. are of very good and practical features.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality tires. The Bridgestone tires give noticeable road noise. I understand that better tires push up the price, but I would rather spend $200 more to upgrade to Michilins.

Mercury doing a good job
By keithm

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded an '06 Milan premier for an '08 Sable Premier AWD. Color is "Light Sage" (more resembles a pearlescent silver)Car has everything except Reat Seat Entertainment/Rear Window Shade. My partner, who thought I was nuts for trading so soon loves the Sirius Sat.radio/Nav.system. Overall car is more luxurious & more powerful than Milan. If '09 Milan gets 3.5 V6 things will change. Tested Lincoln MKZ with 3.5. Smaller car means faster car. Wanted more room (Milan is still pretty roomy) Overall an outstanding car.

Favorite Features

Sirius Sat. radio Nav. system(can talk and it respnds back!) Very comfy seats. More passing torque.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely a little more "floaty" than the Milan or my other car(Mystique) Wish they still offered HID lights (from the Montego days) Overall very minor considering what comes with this car!

2008 Sable AWD Premier Black on Black
By Mike O

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm 6'4" so I had to special order a Premier edition without the sunroof to ensure I had enough head room. Had to wait 4 months, but it was worth it. The dealer gave me the car for $1 under invoice plus a $4,000 rebate. What a steal. When I picked up my new Sable, it was larger and more luxurious than I had remembered. I have taken two long trips (400 miles) and have not been disappointed. Decent MPG for a car of this size, smooth ride, great Sirrius radio, climate control and heated leather seats. I was concerned about leg/foot room, but the more I drive this car the more comfortable it gets. My daughter is 5'11" and loves the back seat leg room. Merc has a winner here!

Favorite Features

Sirrius radio, heated seats, quality of build, confort, ride, huge trunk, extra dash storage area, seat memory (for my wife), and auto dim rear view mirror. Large spoke tires and front grill are a breeze to clean. Easy maintenance schedule.

Suggested Improvements

Volume control for radio on steering wheel. Maybe it's there and I just have not figured out how to use it.