Used 2008 Mercury Sable Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercury Sable - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sable model:

3rd One!
By teach2

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Sable. I was so hoping to fall in love with another car so I could venture away from the same car-again. For price, comfort and amenities-there is no other car to love. I test drove the MKZ but the Sable has as many creature comforts but with a larger interior, same mileage. Time will tell if it's as reliable as my other two-both exceeded 150,000 miles.

Dash console-love it. Roominess, seat comfort, duel temperature controls- love them.

So far none.

Precertified 08 Sable
By RON TURNER

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2008 Ford Expedition EL, although I love the vehicle it's extremely harsh on gas. I'm averaging 10 mpg. Mostly I do alot of in town driving, so I decided to pickup something more fuel efficient and not drive my Expedition as much. I purchased a precertified 2008 Mercury Sable with about 14,000 miles. I've had it for a little over a month. I love the car. It's spacious on the inside and my three kids ages 15, 12 & 5 have plenty of room in the back seat.The car came out of the rental fleet and I'm dealing with an alignment issue, but other than that I'm pleased with the car. I like it so well that I'm already thinking 3 to 4 years down the road taking a serious look at the new Taurus

Like Sync, found that I must speak slowly & clearly for it to understand commands. Great all around visibilty when driving. Peppy V6 under the hood. Easy to get in and out of the car.

Improve Sync voice recognition and commands. Better tires from factory.

Better Than Cadillac
By Jim Casterton

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My last car was a very nice Cadillac STS, but I honestly like the Sable a lot better. I have owned my '08 Sable for just over a year and have 41,000 miles. I've had no trouble whatsoever. It has a much roomier interior than my Cadillac. The platform seems higher than most cars so it's easier to get into and out of and visibility is great while driving. The hands free phone through Synch is great. I think it's a better car than the Cadillac -- at about half the price. I highly recommend it!

Interior roominess. Synch phone system. Easy to get in and out of. Good visibility while driving. Exterior design.

None

Great car, make sure you look at it
By TH

2008 Mercury Sable Premier 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I don't see many of them around but it is a great car. Give it a look if your in the market. You won't be disappointed. The biggest safety risk you take every day is getting behind the wheel. Feel good about the excellent safety features of this car.

Smooth ride, quiet, plenty of room, good pick up, better mileage than advertised, excellent safety features.

Better speakers

Wonderful car!
By Danis Klatt

2008 Mercury Sable 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had the car for a few months and it's wonderful! I can't find anything bad to say about this car. I wish I would have bought a Mercury sooner. It rides smooth, it's a beautiful car, and it has Cadillacs beat all to heck. I strongly suggest that if anyone wants to buy a midsize luxury car this is the one they should consider strongly. I drove a rental which was a Sable two days prior to buying mine and that's what made me decide to purchase one. I can't get over the incredible gas mileage I get on this car. It's unbelievable. I can't say enough good things about this car.

Smooth ride and gas mileage

I can't think of anything they could do to improve this car.